Garagistic E30 adjustable Rear Subframe exchange program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
    Did you mention if you would remove old bushings? Also would you offer to install oe rubber bushings?
    Yes we remove the old bushings. Send your bushings in and we press them in for free with our service. We actually also make solid delrin and poly bushings as well.

Trailing arms get attention too:

We will upload more pics soon. If you have not seen the supporting mods to this you should check the online store. www.store.garagistic.com

Sneak peak!

Comment

Crossed the border today to pick up my subframe. Thanks for the great product and service as always garagistic. The personal messages on the box were appreciated hahah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      sigpic
      Rescued 1986 325e Coupe
      1988 325ix Touring 5spd currently being rescued
      Ottawa, Ontario, Canada :finger:

Comment

Originally posted by 613EDRTY View Post
        Crossed the border today to pick up my subframe. Thanks for the great product and service as always garagistic. The personal messages on the box were appreciated hahah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you like it. Send those cores back please! :D

Comment

Does the rear control arm set up include bearing press services or would the bearings need to be pressed out prior too sending? Is their any additional cost to also have the control arms powdered coated?

Comment

+1^ I would like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow8450 View Post
              Does the rear control arm set up include bearing press services or would the bearings need to be pressed out prior too sending? Is their any additional cost to also have the control arms powdered coated?
              Originally posted by Chasen88 View Post
              +1^ I would like to know.
              We have a few options for the rear control arm setup. Here is the break down:

You send your arms in, we include and weld the reinforcements and rear sway bar reinforcement for $154.00 + shipping. You will receive them bare (no paint).
              Powdercoating option of most colors, add $75

Removing of your old wheel bearings and pressing in of new bearings (includes the wheel bearings) - add $175

The wheel bearings do not need to be removed prior to sending out. Hope this helps.

We also have rear trailing arm bushings:

poly: http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/95...ng-arm-bushing

delrin: http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/BM...g-arm-bushings

Comment

Hi, very interested in your service for my '87 325is. I've gone through pages of E30 suspension upgrades on AKG and Ireland Engineering and since I don't weld, I wasn't sure what my options were for the various reinforcement tabs and gussets that are recommended to correct weak points. I'm not pursuing any adjustable toe options or anything like that.

Are your reinforcement pieces similar to the units that Turner, AKG, Ireland Engineer (others?) offer? It's very appealing to be able to install a freshly powdercoated and reinforced subframe while I'm in there doing other suspension upgrades.

Sorry for the simple questions, but just going through AKG's page of E30 reinforcements are your refurbished subframes covering the following?

Front Subframe Engine Mount Reinforcement Plates
                Front Swaybar Reinforcement Plates
                Rear Swaybar Trailing Arm Reinforcement Kit

The only thing I would have to get a friend who welds to help me with is the Rear Swaybar Reinforcement Kit that goes to the body. I didn't see a listing with AKG for the differential mount reinforcement you mention, is that something you've experienced and recommend? I'm also interested in the trailing arm upgrades.

Is it best for me to pm you with my request or send an email through your website?
                cars: E12 M535i, E30 325is, E46 325xiT 5spd

Comment

Yes our units are similar to the ones others offer. The differential reinforcement is one that we offer that others do not. We have seen them crack around the differential mounting points.

We carry the reinforcements you mention:

Our front subframe exchange program has the sway bar and engine reinforcements. They all come in black powdercoat (although we have done red ones from time to time). Those can be found here:

Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

The trailing arm service details can be found here:
                  Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

We reinforce the sway bar tabs on those as well.

You can pm us or email us your needs. We make package deals so let us know your needs. Thanks!

Originally posted by flipwils11 View Post
                  Hi, very interested in your service for my '87 325is. I've gone through pages of E30 suspension upgrades on AKG and Ireland Engineering and since I don't weld, I wasn't sure what my options were for the various reinforcement tabs and gussets that are recommended to correct weak points. I'm not pursuing any adjustable toe options or anything like that.

Are your reinforcement pieces similar to the units that Turner, AKG, Ireland Engineer (others?) offer? It's very appealing to be able to install a freshly powdercoated and reinforced subframe while I'm in there doing other suspension upgrades.

Sorry for the simple questions, but just going through AKG's page of E30 reinforcements are your refurbished subframes covering the following?

The only thing I would have to get a friend who welds to help me with is the Rear Swaybar Reinforcement Kit that goes to the body. I didn't see a listing with AKG for the differential mount reinforcement you mention, is that something you've experienced and recommend? I'm also interested in the trailing arm upgrades.

Is it best for me to pm you with my request or send an email through your website?

Comment

This looks awesome! I'll likely be doing this in the next month or so with new bushings. Do the stiffer bushings add a lot of vibration to the car? I know the motor, trans, and diff mounts do, but not sure about the rear sub/trailing arm bushings

Comment

Originally posted by 2PointSlow View Post
                      This looks awesome! I'll likely be doing this in the next month or so with new bushings. Do the stiffer bushings add a lot of vibration to the car? I know the motor, trans, and diff mounts do, but not sure about the rear sub/trailing arm bushings
                      It depends on which bushings are selected. The 80a is best for street. It also depends on where the bushings are. Transmission bushings are the most notable. The rear trailing arms would not be. We make package deals so pm us your needs.

Comment

My passenger side toe is too far out right now.

My question is: how do you measure the core to make sure it is straight?

Forgive me if this is obviously stated elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by rkettner View Post
                          My passenger side toe is too far out right now.

My question is: how do you measure the core to make sure it is straight?

Forgive me if this is obviously stated elsewhere.
                          Yes we verify the core before mods are made.

Comment

Please send your cores back!

We need cores!!!

Comment

By the end of next week we should have 5 modified subframes in stock and ready to ship!

Comment

We have two adjustable subframes in stock and ready to ship (painted). Powdercoat option would add one week to turn around time.

Comment

Working...
                                X