Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: OEM E30 M3 5-speed transmission and LSD from my 1990 M3 with 125K miles

FS: OEM E30 M3 5-speed transmission and LSD from my 1990 M3 with 125K miles

Tranny worked fine upon removal. Only reason for removing it is because I swapped in a s50 with 5-speed from an e36 m3.

Located in South Florida. pick-up preferred. Willing to ship but 100% at the buyer's expense. Figure about $100-$140 on a pallet to a business address in the continental US. Tranny only, will not come with mounts, shifter, or the bell housing.

PRICES LOWERED!!!

$750 FIRM for tranny.

$275 FIRM for LSD.

My zip is 33069 if you need to get a shipping quote.
    Last edited by m3j0n; 04-14-2016, 08:20 AM.

edited because some people just like being difficult.

Comment

Would you be interested in selling me the transmission mount bracket? And front half of the driveshaft? Pm me if you are
      = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

tranny still up?

Comment

Originally posted by totheredline View Post
          Would you be interested in selling me the transmission mount bracket? And front half of the driveshaft? Pm me if you are
          sure, I can sell the tranny mount bracket, but I don't have the driveshaft.

Originally posted by ianlvy View Post
          tranny still up?
          Yes.

Comment

bump... so many flakes.

Comment

Dogleg?
              '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by m3j0n View Post
                bump... so many flakes.
                Welcome to R3V. Free bump
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

edited because some people just like being difficult.
                  Are you referring to me offering you $250 for the diff when the price was $300obo? You seemed rather upset by that. Dates sure line up, why so rude?

fyi I found a 4.10 diff with 85k miles shipped to my door for $290 all-in. From a non-abused automatic e28, instead of a hard-driven M3...

bump... so many flakes.
                  Wonder why?

Here's where I'm being "difficult"... PM's

Originally Posted by mr2peak
                  Is it a 4.10?

tahts what came in a e30 m3, right?

Some of them. Depends on the market and year I believe. People also like to change ratios. Never can trust "what it came with" after 20+ years

Does it make noise? Got any pics? either text ____________

Thanks
                  James

Its the original 4.10 LSD that came out of my US 1990 e30 m3. I really wasn't aware that e30 m3s had anything other than a 4.10 from the factory. Id like to see any reputable info on that, maybe I've been mistaken.

Its just a diff, but yea, I can take a pic of it. The diff is perfect, ran it in my car after the s50 swap, but the ratio was just too aggressive for highway driving (see a previous thread). Before I waste my time pulling it off the shelf to take pictures, are you OK with the price and understand the concept of Buyer pays actual shipping cost for this heavy ass item?

-Jon

So I can get shipping down to under $50. Not sure how to package it. Maybe a box, a plastic bag for the diff and a can of expanding foam? Works well for motorcycle exhausts..
                  uhhhh.. no... the diff is $300 w/o shipping. Clearly a used bushing and cover is of zero use for me. My price is $300 for the diff, and you can have whoever you need pick it up. Nobody is shipping a diff across the country for $50.
                  Anyway, here's a screenshot of the shipping quote. Not sure where you're from in Florida so I used a random zip code

pretty sure the diff weighs a bit more than 65pounds. Do they come to me to pick up the item or do I have to deliver it to their location? Do they supply packing materials and properly pack the item for $46 as well or you expect me to do/pay for that too?

Sorry, I'm declining you $250 offer. I will do $300, pack it for you and drop it off at their shipping location within 15 miles from my zip 33069.

if that doesn't work for you, go find another OEM e30 m3 diff.
                  Sounds like it's too hard for you, I'll find another one. FYI you should remove OBO (or best offer) from your add and change that to FIRM.

I was happy to pay real shipping costs and give you $250 for the diff.

That shipping site is a boon for overweight and bulky objectS. I you need to send any car related things I highly recommend it.

Merry Christmas! Hope your having a sunny Florida holiday.

James
                  Thanks James, you too!
                  Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                  A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Op, I tried to sell my e30 M3 spare gearbox a couple of years ago for 400 and did not get a single bite. They are very robust and don't seem to break unlike the dogleg 1:1 ratio eu gearbox that most e30 M3 drivers like.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I had the same issue with mine. I finally sold it........for $50.......just to get it out of my way.
                      Originally posted by codyep3
                      I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                      2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                      1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                      1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                      2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                      2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                      2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                      2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                      2010 F650gs twin
                      2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Non-dogleg gearbox.... did any US spec 90 m3 coupe come with anything other than a 4.10LSd and non-dogleg 5-sp?....

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                          Are you referring to me offering you $250 for the diff when the price was $300obo? You seemed rather upset by that. Dates sure line up, why so rude?
                          So I can get shipping down to under $50. Not sure how to package it. Maybe a box, a plastic bag for the diff and a can of expanding foam? Works well for motorcycle exhausts..
                          Your offer, if you remember, was to be under $300 shipped. I was not able to find free shipping, nor was I willing to negotiate the costs of properly packaging a diff to send to you out of what I needed to get for the diff. This includes the costs of buying materials, the materials themselves, and my time, sorry.

fyi I found a 4.10 diff with 85k miles shipped to my door for $290 all-in. From a non-abused automatic e28, instead of a hard-driven M3...!
                          Fantastic! Again.. all assumptions, but typical of someone who is bitter about how the transaction progressed. My diff is "abused" because it was in a "hard-driven M3"...because we know all M3s are "hard-driven" and "abused", while all e28 automatics are perfectly maintained and never abused or driven hard.... ...ok, dude. Congrats on your purchase! Don't know what else to say.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                            Op, I tried to sell my e30 M3 spare gearbox a couple of years ago for 400 and did not get a single bite. They are very robust and don't seem to break unlike the dogleg 1:1 ratio eu gearbox that most e30 M3 drivers like.
                            Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                            I had the same issue with mine. I finally sold it........for $50.......just to get it out of my way.
                            yeah. I totally understand your opinion/experience. "Times are a changin'." as they say... Remember when E30 M3s were selling complete for $5k? S14s were going for a grand? Those days are long gone. For someone that wants to put original parts into a restoration project, the options are few and far between. Now that the cars are worth $25-50K depending on the example, those owners don't have a problem spending $5k for a motor or $875 for a tranny, or $300 for a diff...

The buyer I'm looking to deal with isn't the guy that is willing to save $20 to swap in a e28 diff into his car. I have absolutely no interest in dealing with that.

My price is my price. If its too high, then it will sit on my shelf, no big deal. If someone wants a good condition tranny and diff out of a bonafide E30 m3 with relatively low mileage then they can contact me.

Comment

Oh, I understand completly. You need to find that guy who needs to have parts from an actual m3, going back into his/her m3. The problem is finding that guy/girl.

The issue with these parts is they are not M3 specific. The diff for instance is the exact same diff found in any e30 automatic 325. Coupes, convertibles, sedans......the lot. It's even the same diff, with the exception of the cover and output flanges, as the e28 4.10.

The tranny is a different story. While much more rare, it's also not M3 specific. It was found in 82 528e cars with an m20 belhousing, early e12 and e24 cars, and I have heard it could be special ordered for e28 535i cars.

All that said, I think $250 for your diff is a great price, and while I think your price is a little high for the tranny without the bell housing, I don't think it's absurd.

All that said, it's just my opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
                              Originally posted by codyep3
                              I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                              2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                              1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                              1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                              2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                              2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                              2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                              2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                              2010 F650gs twin
                              2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Working...
                              X