E30 325i DSSR (187mm units)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. He mentioned it uses bolts instead of pins, I'd like to see a picture of the bolts being used. There is a reason that stock used pins and clips. One that I can immediately think of is the force being applied to the shift rod. The majority of it is lateral (shifting up and down the gears) and so you will have massive side to side forces against the bolt/pin. With a Pin using a clip on the outside, this I would think is somewhat alleviated by spreading load across the outside face of the rod (around the hole.)

If the bolt is indeed threaded in to the rod itself and not nutted on the outside, the force will be on one side of the threads, and eventually may pull them out of the rod.. Other wise, if it is using a nut on the outside, then it wouldn't be much of a tear out issue.

It's a great looking piece, and for a street car, seems like a decent upgrade, I would just want to see some real world feedback/data before I committed for any of the racecars.
    from what I saw in person there is a bit of bolt that threads through, you could always throw a nut on that if it makes you sleep better at night.

apexgoblin - versteht nicht jeder. Ist auch besser so!

Comment

Updated initial post with final revisions and improvements. Tracking numbers should show movement now. We got these in stock now.

Comment

Let me know when the 318 model comes out because I will buy in a HEARTBEAT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Yooo

I just placed an order but any chance anyone has a picture of actual product? I've only seen pictures with cotter pins. Any other changes?

Comment

M30 swap length..anyone chime in? I've seen reports of standard E30 size... and of needing shorter...
            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Will buy the 318is model when it comes out! Been waiting since I saw "coming soon" on the site.
              ▲ 1991 318is ▲ | Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by The_Lope7 View Post
                Will buy the 318is model when it comes out! Been waiting since I saw "coming soon" on the site.
                +1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

m30 e30 dssr. do ittttt everyone has to cut and weld otherwise
                  Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Ill buy one if you make it
                    Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by The_Lope7 View Post
                      Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                      m30 e30 dssr. do ittttt everyone has to cut and weld otherwise
                      We need CTC dimensions to make both of those units.

Comment

Originally posted by garagistic View Post
                        We need CTC dimensions to make both of those units.
                        Not sure exactly what they are, I'll look into it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                        ▲ 1991 318is ▲ | Feedback Thread

Comment

pssssstttt!!!! Save 10% off most of our performance bmw parts! Its our "because-we-feel-like-it-10%-off- sale".

Coupon code:dime

Comment

Ordering one for the street car.

Price is good, but also glad to see they took our feedback/concern's into consideration and made revisions.
                            I like when a company does that. Means they do care about their customer's needs.

I'll try to get it in by the picnic.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                              Ordering one for the street car.

Price is good, but also glad to see they took our feedback/concern's into consideration and made revisions.
                              I like when a company does that. Means they do care about their customer's needs.

I'll try to get it in by the picnic.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                              Thank you! We are always wanting to hear feedback to better serve to community.

Comment

Bolts or Cotter Pins???

I'm really confused guys. I thought the gist of this post was that you came out with a product, then changed the design from pins/cotter pins to bolts and threading. I just ordered mine on the 7th and got today, and it's cotter pins. Which is the new revised version?

Comment

Working...
                                X