E39 FS: Refinished 540i / M62 TU valve covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E39 FS: Refinished 540i / M62 TU valve covers

Thought this might be useful for v8 swappers or who knows maybe you have an E39 too/

When I did the valve cover gaskets on my 2003 540i, I decided to powdercoat them because the factory finish was flaking so bad. I did a ton of research and found out that its very difficult to get the proper finish on these. So I bought an extra set of valve covers from Gresham Auto Wrecking and sent two sets to Miller's Powdercoating in GA to prep & powdercoat, just in case one set turned out much better than the other. They both came out great, so I reused the set that came off my car and have no need for the second set. That's what I'm selling here.

I asked Miller's to match the silver trim of the beauty cover and I think they did a great job, the last pic is of the original set reinstalled on my car.

PRICE: $250 + shipping. I'd just like to get my money back out of these, so I'm asking $250, plus shipping to you (should be $30-50 for UPS ground). Local pickup in Portland OR is also welcome.

Breakdown of my costs:
    $100 - used VC set from GAW
    $75 - clean, bead blast and powdercoat @ Miller's
    $75 - shipping to/from Miller's

Using these instead of sending yours out will save you a ton of downtime, ask me how I know.

M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

Yep
    M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

Comment

bump
      M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

Comment

on ebay w/no reserve...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222008109137
        M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

Comment

Working...