No announcement yet.

Fresh S52 block with new pistons and bearings ready for moderate to high boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh S52 block with new pistons and bearings ready for moderate to high boost

Decided to go in a different direction with my build since a friend had an M52 block and custom JE pistons he sold me for a song. Think 3.0L Frankenstroker build. As a result the S52 block and pistons are now up for sale. Included with the sale will be the fully machined and prepped block, Mahle PowerPak 9.0:1 pistons (2618 forged, .2mm overbore), VAC coated rod bearings (STD), VAC coated main bearings (STD). Basically drop your S52 crank and rods into this equation and you have a bottom end ready for 15+ PSI. The rod bearings were installed to check oil clearance but were never run and the main bearings are still new in the box (not pictured below, but will be included). I pulled the S52 block from my own running 1998 M3 with 140K miles. Block was machined by VAC for moderate to high boost and the following work was performed:

-Clean and magnaflux block
    -Check main bearing bores and line hone if required (was not required)
    -Deck block surface
    -Bore and hone to 86.6mm using torque plate and 3-stage hone process
    -File fit piston rings
    -Painted block black

VAC had the pistons in-hand when machine work was performed. All specs were checked by me after picking the block up using micrometers and a dial bore gauge. Specs are listed below:

-Piston skirts: 3.4077-3.4078”
    -Piston-to-wall clearance: .0025-.0027” (spec is .0020-.0028”)
    -Top ring gaps: .021”
    -Second ring gaps: .023”
    -Oil rings: .015”
    -Main bearing bores: 2.5594” across all seven (spec is 2.5591-2.5598”)

***Cylinder taper and out-of-round measured by VAC and confirmed to be 0. I could not accurately measure these specs myself without a torque plate installed. VAC uses CNC machines for their boring and honing so I have no reason to believe this is not perfect, especially considering every other spec was dead on the mark.***

As stated above, everything is ready to be assembled and just needs an S52 crank and 135mm rods (almost every M5x/S5x engine uses this length of rod).

If you know what you’re looking at here I don’t have to tell you that I have significantly more into these parts than my asking price. Not looking to break any of this up at this time but may consider parting with the bearings separately if anyone is interested. I can also ship these parts via FedEx but the bill is on the buyer. For reference the block weighs about 140 lbs with packing materials and the pistons would probably cost $30 to ship anywhere in the US. Not willing to ship out of the country.

Looking to get $1,200 OBO for everything. Block will come with used OEM main bolts just to hold the caps in place. For an extra $100 I'll throw in a full set of new OEM main cap bolts, full set of new OEM rod bolts, and a set of used oil squirters. Located in Chesapeake, VA 23320.

Last edited by jph; 02-16-2016, 02:32 PM.

Would you ship?
    Can provide fedex label
    Work We Do
    CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
    http://www.catuned.com

Comment

Originally posted by catuned View Post
      Would you ship?
      Can provide fedex label

Email coming
      Last edited by jph; 02-15-2016, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Your price is more than fair. GLWS

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
            X