Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Rebuilt S50, with complete E30 swap setup in great shape

**Sale pending**

I'm looking at an upgrade for my E30, and would like to first find a new home for my S50 and associated swap components in order to fund the upgrade. My location is southeast PA in the western Philly suburbs.

The engine is from a '95 M3 that was a total loss after a rear impact with a guardrail. At the time it had an estimated 115k miles, I can share the carfax with any prospective buyer.

The top and bottom went through a stock rebuild at M&B Cylinder in Portland, whom I chose after watching the work they did with HPF building turbo S54s. The work that was done, with all new parts, included:

• Head and block resurfaced
    • Cylinders honed
    • OE piston rings
    • OE main and rod bearings
    • OE oil pump
    • Upper and updated lower timing chain tensioners
    • Oil non-return valve installed in the head
    • Valve seals replaced, valves ground for seat
    • OE head gasket set, all other seals replaced as well, new hardware where required
    • New lifters installed
    • New water pump and thermostat

Outside of the rebuild but at the same time:

• Block cleaned and painted dark blue with high-temp engine enamel
    • Beisan Vanos rebuild completed
    • CCV and associated hoses replaced
    • ICV replaced
    • TRM chip installed, with EWS delete and tune for 3.5" HFM w/pink top injectors
    • Rebuilt, sonic-cleaned, flow-matched pink top injectors
    • Bavarian Autosport ignition coils, new spark plugs
    • Powdercoated black valve cover
    • New FPR

That covers the primary engine maintenance and modifications. Components that can go with the engine to make a complete drop-in solution include:

• DME
    • Nando-built modified wiring harness, no adapter needed, wiring cleaned up to fit under the plastic cover, including new relays. Diagnostic port relocated to driver's side, installs into the E30 plastic cover.
    • M42 radiator, clean with no leaks, and radiator hoses
    • E34 oil pan, oil pickup, dipstick tube and dipstick
    • iX brake booster, E32 brake master cylinder
    • Throttle cable
    • PS pump, alternator, AC compressor & bracket
    • "BMW M Power" coil cover and OE injector cover, complete with screw caps

The clutch is a DXD / South Bend stage 1, with the original flywheel, for an E36 transmission.

I would be willing to part with the eBay stainless headers, which have been modified for better fit.

I also have cruise control set up for the S50, which would be available as well. If you already have cruise control, I could include the cable for the actuator to connect to the S50 throttle.

This swap is in the car currently, and I think it's a good opportunity to see and possibly feel it run, rather than dealing with a mystery motor.

It's been 15k miles since the rebuild, and the car has never missed a beat, no check lights present. It runs smoothly and maintains a steady temperature with the M42 radiator - I have an oil temp gauge and never observed oil temps above 210F, typically it runs between 180-200F.

I've always used Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 oil with factory oil filters every 5k miles. I have even done one coolant change last fall using 50/50 distilled water with OE antifreeze.

The price? Well, there aren't a lot of S50s on the open market that I'm seeing right now, but I think $2000-2500 is a fair estimate for the going rate. Given that my engine is completely rebuilt, I would value it on the higher end at $3k. Aside from that, I see $1k between the E34 oil components, the modified wiring harness, the TRM chip with HFM and injectors, the BavAuto ignition coils, the clutch kit, and the brake booster and master cylinder combo.

All in, that's $4k. That price is firm.

If you're interested in the headers and/or exhaust, we can discuss.

I can be reached most quickly at stephen.hesser@gmail.com.

Pictures from the rebuild:

Pictures of how it looks now:

Last edited by butters; 05-27-2016, 09:12 AM.

Sell strut bar?

Comment

Just emailed you

Comment

So proper. For a drop-in kit, this is a steal. GLWS

Comment

Originally posted by richardkeith97 View Post
          Sell strut bar?
          I'll be trying to keep the strut bar.

Originally posted by ethurtee View Post
          So proper. For a drop-in kit, this is a steal. GLWS
          Thanks!

Comment

Killer deal for what you get. I'm sure the rebuild parts cost close to that. GLWS!
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              Killer deal for what you get. I'm sure the rebuild parts cost close to that. GLWS!
              Thanks Austin! I would agree, and the total cost to piece these items together and rebuild the engine is well above my asking price.

The complete package is still available.

Comment

Would you be interested in selling the brake booster/master set up separate?

Comment

Originally posted by Three3sheaven View Post
                  Would you be interested in selling the brake booster/master set up separate?
                  Not at this point.

Sale is pending to GarrettE30.

Comment

Working...
                  X