Parting out US S50 longblock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parting out US S50 longblock

As the title states, I am parting out a US S50 long-block.

I ran this S50 in my e30 for about 10k miles, before it overheated and toasted the head gasket and presumably cracked the head. This happened due to a combination of the fuse for my electric pusher fan going out, while simultaneously the top hose going from the coolant spider hose to the top of the heater core was pinched and kinked by the intake manifold. Unfortunately, a friend was driving and did not notice until the coolant boiled and started coming out of the overflow, causing coolant smell and steam.

According to the p.o. (I never received paperwork or receipts), when I purchased the S50, it had received a complete top end rebuild and clean including a 5 angle valve job. The head was very clean, and had an evident fresh deck-job when I got the engine, which leads me to believe that this is accurate. Additionally, lifter tick was very very low on this engine, much quieter than the 'new' s50 that was swapped in to my e30 which had a fresh vanos unit and receipts to back it up. I would assume that all the lifters were cleaned during the rebuild.

Additionally, this engine never burned oil and had healthy compression numbers prior to the head gasket failure.

Currently, I have just the long block, including everything from OBD-1 Valve cover to the E36 oil pan.

I am very unsure of pricing as I have not parted out one of these engines before, so feel free to shoot me a pm with an offer.

Complete long block- $600 picked up
    Cams, lifters, lifter trays - $300
    Rotating assembly- $350
    Block & head (have not pulled the head yet to inspect for possible cracks)- $100 picked up (If the cams, etc and rotating assembly are sold).

If my prices are way off, please feel free to shoot me a pm and let me know-
    Thanks guys
    Happy r3ving

Will get pics up asap!

I’m interested in just the cams pm me a price shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pmd

Comment

I'd take the complete long block assembly if you have any way to ship it to me.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
        X