Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 Mark Dsylva Chip

*SOLD*

MarkD chip out of my 325iS/173 Motronic DME for sale. Upgraded to Megasquirt and had to cannibalize the 55 pin connector, so no good to me anymore. This is the most basic chip (P/N 173.6k9-9114) for stock 14# injectors and a 6900 RPM redline.

$200 shipped within the continental US, PM me if interested!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Austrianvespaguy; 06-06-2019, 07:59 AM. Reason: Sold

Bump, I'll even do $180 shipped!

Comment

I know this is probably an obvious answer but I have 17lb injectors so this wont work for me will it?
      1989 325i - sold
      1987 RX-7 Turbo II - sold
      1990 325i

Comment

Where in GA are you? I’d like to buy this from you but I can just meet you somewhere and pay cash.

But before I am not finding much info on what this chip does other than the 6900 redline. Can you please tell me what benefits we get from the chip on a stock engine?
        My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
        I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, was out all weekend at Road Atlanta! Anyway, I'm up in N. GA north of Lawrenceville.

@Big Lebowski, assuming that you're running the green-top e36 injectors? In that case actually yes this chip will still work fine (just like those injectors also work fine with the stock tune). This is because those are rated 17lb/hr at the E36's 3.5 bar pressure; since the E30 only uses 3.0 bar of pressure, they don't *actually* flow the full 17/lb and really only flow something like 6-7% more fuel than the stock 14lb-ers. The real advantage of that upgrade is the 4-pintle injectors have much better fuel atomization. I ran this with those same injectors before going to Megasquirt as a matter of fact.

@325e, the primary change of this chip is with the ignition advance curve. It has overall more aggressive advance than stock, hence the need to run 91 Octane fuel to prevent pinging. The higher rev limit and I think some fueling changes are also in there, but the advance curve is the biggie that you really feel (in terms of better throttle response and a bit flatter, smoother torque curve).

Comment

Originally posted by Austrianvespaguy View Post

@Big Lebowski, assuming that you're running the green-top e36 injectors? In that case actually yes this chip will still work fine (just like those injectors also work fine with the stock tune). This is because those are rated 17lb/hr at the E36's 3.5 bar pressure; since the E30 only uses 3.0 bar of pressure, they don't *actually* flow the full 17/lb and really only flow something like 6-7% more fuel than the stock 14lb-ers. The real advantage of that upgrade is the 4-pintle injectors have much better fuel atomization. I ran this with those same injectors before going to Megasquirt as a matter of fact.
            The ones I'm using aren't from an e36 but they are Bosch and 4 pintle design. Sounds like it might do the trick.

I'll pm you.
            1989 325i - sold
            1987 RX-7 Turbo II - sold
            1990 325i

Comment

Originally posted by TheB1G Lebowski View Post
              The ones I'm using aren't from an e36 but they are Bosch and 4 pintle design. Sounds like it might do the trick.

I'll pm you.
              Just check what pressure that 17lbs is quoted at, and then calculate what the flow in ccs is at 3.0 bar. IIRC the stock ones are 153cc/min, and the e36 green tops work out to about 166cc/min (@3.0bar). See where yours fall in comparison.

Comment

Bump, still available!

Comment

And sold!

Comment

Working...
                  X