Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: E30 Headliner kits.

Sorry Slickalpinweiss.
    Last edited by Irwie'C; 11-17-2022, 07:07 AM.

Thread updated with a couple of DIY links.

Comment

Is there a difference between a 2 door and 4 door headliner?
      Curious as I have a 4 door one I would like to put into a 2 door if possible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by almostacrayon View Post
        Is there a difference between a 2 door and 4 door headliner?
        Curious as I have a 4 door one I would like to put into a 2 door if possible
        Well they're obviously different, in both lenght and the number of retaining rods as well as they're in different places.

Comment

Originally posted by Irwie'C View Post
          Well they're obviously different, in both lenght and the number of retaining rods as well as they're in different places.
          Wait, what really? I always thought the roof on the e30 two and four door were the same and the length of either car is the same, just different size doors.
          I guess the b-pillar area may be different and extra holes for the rear handles but they should not be that much different. They share the same part numbers for certain sedans and coupe on realoem.

Comment

I thought so too at first!
            The length of the roof of both 4 and 2 door sedans should be the same. Yet when I was doing a headliner for a 2 door, it had one less retaining rod sleeve.... furthermore the sleeves appear to be spaced at approximately the same length from each other on both 4 and 2 door e30s.
            Maybe the number of retaining rods depend on facelift versus pre-facelift?

Right on the B pillar headliner pieces being further to the back due to longer doors.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation.
              Was the two door a facelift? That’s really the only one I’d like to see, 2-door facelift model.
              Would like to see some installed pics of either suede or leather headliners.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SlickAlpinweiss View Post
                Thanks for the explanation.
                Was the two door a facelift? That’s really the only one I’d like to see, 2-door facelift model.
                Would like to see some installed pics of either suede or leather headliners.
                Thanks
                I don't really know, didn't ask the year.
                Unfortunately I wasn't able to take pictures of the installed headliner, since I used the old headliner as a template and did a new one for the guy. So he just took it and never head from him again. So I guess everything was fine with it and he had no problems installing it.
                His was black micro cloth though.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Up top.

Comment

Do you have a Touring one?

Comment

PM'd and sent you an email. Thanks!

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Do you have any pictures of Alcantara installed and leather installed?

Comment

Originally posted by 1986_325e_Canada View Post
                              Do you have any pictures of Alcantara installed and leather installed?
                              Well, I don't have the pictures of my products installed, since people install the headliners I do themselves.

The Suede headliner is still available.

Comment

Working...
                              X