My Uber Gaming Computer

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • aschmidt
    E30 Addict
    • Feb 2005
    • 457

    #1

    My Uber Gaming Computer

    EDIT: The computer system is now on Ebay. Check it out at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1617&rd=1&rd=1

    Well, I fell for Newegg's 'no payments for 6 months' deal and was stuck with a huge bill in the end that I'd rather not pay off, so I'm going to part with my new system for a fraction of what I payed for it. It's sad that the prices have gone down so much in price already, but here is where it stands as of now price-wise:

    CASE: Antec P180 - $124.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129154

    MONITOR: ViewSonic VX2025WM 20.1" Widescreen LCD - $337.99
    Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.6 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!


    VIDEO CARD: ASUS ATI X1900XTX 512MB - $520


    MOTHERBOARD: ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE - $149.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131568

    PSU: Antec 550w TruePower 2.0 - $94.95


    CPU: AMD x2 4200+ - $159
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103053

    VGA FAN: Zalman VF900 - $36.99
    We’re sorry, but this page does not existing. Please visit our home page for more information.


    CPU FAN: Zalman CNPS9500 - $45.99
    We’re sorry, but this page does not existing. Please visit our home page for more information.


    RAM: Kingston ValueRAM 2GB DDR 400 (x4 512MB) - $183.96
    We’re sorry, but this page does not existing. Please visit our home page for more information.


    HARD DRIVE: ?? 130GB - $40

    TOTAL: $1693.86 +S&H

    I'm willing to sell it for $1350 SHIPPED. Please feel free to ask any questions, as I will happily answer them. Thank you.
    Last edited by aschmidt; 04-29-2007, 08:54 PM.
    -Adam Schmidt-

    1988 Zinnoberrot 325iS ::dead::
    1988 Bronzit 325iS ::sold::
    1991 Alpine 318iS
  • aschmidt
    E30 Addict
    • Feb 2005
    • 457

    #2
    Bump. Not even a little interest?
    -Adam Schmidt-

    1988 Zinnoberrot 325iS ::dead::
    1988 Bronzit 325iS ::sold::
    1991 Alpine 318iS

    Comment

    • BENdashdash
      Tom is not my friend
      • Aug 2004
      • 2506

      #3
      if one were to spend that much on a computer, they may as well go new and build one to their own specs. good luck though.

      Comment

      • aschmidt
        E30 Addict
        • Feb 2005
        • 457

        #4
        Originally posted by BENdashdash
        if one were to spend that much on a computer, they may as well go new and build one to their own specs. good luck though.
        If they wanted to take the time to source/build the performance system themselves, and still find that they'd have saved money by buying a pre-built one..then sure. Thanks for the input.
        -Adam Schmidt-

        1988 Zinnoberrot 325iS ::dead::
        1988 Bronzit 325iS ::sold::
        1991 Alpine 318iS

        Comment

        • Kruzen
          R3V Elite
          • Mar 2004
          • 5603

          #5
          Is there a reason you went to other sites to get the highest possible price on teh video card? Unless i'm mistaken..




          VIDEO CARD: ASUS ATI X1900XTX 512MB - $520

          We’re sorry, but this page does not existing. Please visit our home page for more information.

          VIDEO CARD: ASUS ATI X1900XTX 512MB - $279.99
          Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
          Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

          Comment

          • aschmidt
            E30 Addict
            • Feb 2005
            • 457

            #6
            The bottom one is open box, and I've received a dud open box item from Newegg before, so I never buy those. I didn't do it to find the highest price...I was looking for the lowest price from a popular website. Feel free to correct it if you find a lower price. I'm not here to rip you guys off.

            EDIT: Oh, and that's a X1900XT...not an X1900XTX like I'm selling. There's a noticeable difference in performance.
            -Adam Schmidt-

            1988 Zinnoberrot 325iS ::dead::
            1988 Bronzit 325iS ::sold::
            1991 Alpine 318iS

            Comment

            • euroshark
              No R3VLimiter
              • Apr 2006
              • 3491

              #7
              I'll give you 6 series euro bumpers for the video card. Easily worth $500 for the pair... I'll throw in some beer.
              '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

              Comment

              • MrK
                Mod Crazy
                • Jan 2006
                • 709

                #8
                Nice machine, but not my kind of video card. Geforce 8800 GTX ftw.
                This is your M20 on steroids:

                Comment

                • euroshark
                  No R3VLimiter
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 3491

                  #9
                  Doesnt the 8800 GTX have bad issues with Red Orchestra?
                  '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

                  Comment

                  • aschmidt
                    E30 Addict
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 457

                    #10
                    Originally posted by MrK
                    Nice machine, but not my kind of video card. Geforce 8800 GTX ftw.
                    Yea...and that card runs like $100 more expensive than the X1900XTX doesn't it? What don't you like about the X1900XTX?
                    -Adam Schmidt-

                    1988 Zinnoberrot 325iS ::dead::
                    1988 Bronzit 325iS ::sold::
                    1991 Alpine 318iS

                    Comment

                    • dinanm3atl
                      R3V OG
                      • Feb 2007
                      • 7305

                      #11
                      Just for my own information. How did you fall into the trap of no payments for 6 months?

                      I think you are supposed to split it into 6 payments and pay it off over those 6 months and then no interest... correct?

                      Bump for good gear there. I like my Full Tower Thermatalke Case!

                      Comment

                      • aschmidt
                        E30 Addict
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 457

                        #12
                        Originally posted by dinanm3atl
                        Just for my own information. How did you fall into the trap of no payments for 6 months?

                        I think you are supposed to split it into 6 payments and pay it off over those 6 months and then no interest... correct?

                        Bump for good gear there. I like my Full Tower Thermatalke Case!
                        Well what they did with me is sent me monthly payments of like $10 up until the 6 months were up, and then it started increasing. The APR was 20-something % I believe, so I'd rather not deal with that. I ran into some big unexpected financial issues during those 6 months and was unable to pay back the amount before the interest kicked in. Yea your case is a good one. I built a few systems using it..lots of room to work with! It did seem to get a bit loud though.

                        Anyways, this is $1400+S&H OBO, so send me a private message if you'd like to work out a deal.
                        -Adam Schmidt-

                        1988 Zinnoberrot 325iS ::dead::
                        1988 Bronzit 325iS ::sold::
                        1991 Alpine 318iS

                        Comment

                        • aschmidt
                          E30 Addict
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 457

                          #13
                          Bump! I'll make the new price $1400 SHIPPED!
                          -Adam Schmidt-

                          1988 Zinnoberrot 325iS ::dead::
                          1988 Bronzit 325iS ::sold::
                          1991 Alpine 318iS

                          Comment

                          • MrK
                            Mod Crazy
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 709

                            #14
                            Originally posted by aschmidt
                            Yea...and that card runs like $100 more expensive than the X1900XTX doesn't it? What don't you like about the X1900XTX?
                            I want to apologize for making what would be considered a negative comment, I didn't realize this was a F/S thread So sorry about that...


                            I have nothing against the X1900XTX, amazing card. But I've been an Nvidia loyalist since the Geforce 256 (back in '99 I believe?) That's all :D

                            GL with the sale, my machine has much of the same gear
                            This is your M20 on steroids:

                            Comment

                            • aschmidt
                              E30 Addict
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 457

                              #15
                              Originally posted by MrK
                              I want to apologize for making what would be considered a negative comment, I didn't realize this was a F/S thread So sorry about that...


                              I have nothing against the X1900XTX, amazing card. But I've been an Nvidia loyalist since the Geforce 256 (back in '99 I believe?) That's all :D

                              GL with the sale, my machine has much of the same gear
                              No problem. I've actually been a biased Nvidia fan since the beginning for no good reason. Although when I was building this system, I read up on the X1900XTX and it sounded promising. Turns out that the card kicks some serious ass. I can run max settings on any of my games with my widescreen resolution with no problems whatsoever.
                              -Adam Schmidt-

                              1988 Zinnoberrot 325iS ::dead::
                              1988 Bronzit 325iS ::sold::
                              1991 Alpine 318iS

                              Comment

                              Working...