Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS - BMP / Dbilas ITB's for M42's - Brand New!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will need cams to see any significant gains. Single throttles typical limit your ability to run some wild cams, but with ITB's it's a whole different story.

Throttle response will be phenomenal.

Comment

I am very serious. Please send me details, I'll PM you.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for more on this setup? I guess I need some new cams. After doing some reading I dunno if I can dive this deep into a project for my daily...that and I am still learning about engines in general...
      Last edited by M42Technik; 07-24-2007, 08:28 AM.
      Reminiscing...

Comment

there is this guy which has this, but six throttle on his 2.8L M20..

one word, awesome, freaking fast..

Comment

bump for a sweet setup, if you've got the cams, head work, and compression ratio.

Even if you don't, your M42 e-cock will grow to new lengths
          San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Man --- a LOT of people fucking trolling on this thread...

Dbilas says approx 18hp gain, without any other mods --- along with more rapid response to throttle inputs --- and bigger gains when you add cams, do head work, etc. A good addition when the motor is stock --- and an even better addition when you start doing other work.

Comment

Originally posted by mudflaps View Post
              probably a net +0.5 HP gain. sweet mod man. at least they look sweet.
              You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. So if you have no REAL information, how about you just keep your mouth shut?

Comment

Originally posted by X2theZ3 View Post
                You'd probably lose hp on a stock engine.
                And you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Level E30 View Post
                  And you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, either.
                  You're an idiot.

bmpd even admits that you will see a loss with this on a stock engine. You won't see any real gains unless your engine is heavily modded.

Keep your mouth shut.

Comment

After researching, I would need $900 cams, a standalone system and a little more. Thanks anyways though, someone do this.
                    Reminiscing...

Comment

ITB is not for everyone

unless your are in love with your m42 or m20 itb is pretty cost ineffective. When you acheive the HP you want you can probably easily drop in a engine from a M series and have the ITB And be much much more powerful and a hell of alot of proven reliablity. It will also pass smog.

One would be kind of crazy to do ITB for the amount of money require to mod this thing. Not to mention you still need tuning, cam, head work, etc. It may still not pass smog and be unreliable. In the end, just drop in a bigger engine, or a M series engine for the power and reliability and performance. Most of these mods are just money hungry exercise.

The only proven power is turbo other than engine swap. Even stroker is super cost ineffective. Just buy a m30 and drop it in for much cheaper. If you want high compression and power go for a m series. Don't waste your money on silly mods.

Comment

Looks like it's time for a new FS thread.

Comment

You're an idiot.

bmpd even admits that you will see a loss with this on a stock engine. You won't see any real gains unless your engine is heavily modded.

Keep your mouth shut.

Its this guys thread, and its his item for sale. I think most understand what this is and ones that can afford it have already done their research. Keep it to the topic of for sale and do not deliberate on whats good and not good!
                          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                            Its this guys thread, and its his item for sale. I think most understand what this is and ones that can afford it have already done their research. Keep it to the topic of for sale and do not deliberate on whats good and not good!
                            lol,

i realized that right now.

Comment

Got one for M20?

I'll buy it right now.

Comment

You're an idiot.

Keep your mouth shut.
                                This is what happens when you post on a forum frequented by teeny-boppers and kiddies spending mommy 'n' daddy's money --- a whole shitload of bullshit (redundant?) and tire-kickers galore.

E-mail Dbilas --- the engineers and manufacturers of this setup. They will happily tell you the benefits of ITB's on an M42 --- to include faster throttle response and high-RPM flow. It is a setup that is the foundation for an M42 focused on high-RPM power --- add cams, and the gains will be exceptional. The amount of power you'll get out of an NA 1.8L will be excellent --- out of a motor that is modern (for E30s), easy to work on and maintain, and resilient.

Fact is, I'm not here to do your research for you.

You find out what you want to know from those that really know best. Then let me know if you want to buy it.

Those of you with an uninformed opinion can stick your heads back up your butts and return to ModLand. It's time for the adults to talk now. Thanks kiddies.

Comment

Working...
                                X