<FS> Tilton 2 pedal kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<FS> Tilton 2 pedal kit

I bought this pedal kit for my car but have since decided to go with a floor mount 3 pedal kit. This kit is brand new, never used or installed. Hell, I just got it in the last month. Anyway, I already ordered the new kit so I really don't need this one. Price is $220 plus shipping (less than I paid for it). Pics.....
    Attached Files
    Jack Money
    http://www.Elephant Motorsports.com

>> AST 4100 for BMW E30 $1649 <<

AST Monotube Dampers and Coilover Kits - Full Service Dealer
    Schroth Safety Products Distributor

BMW Replacement Parts - 24/7 Secure Online Ordering

let me ask you a question...i hate the e30 pedals with a passion, what kind of work am i looking at to put these in an e30 using the stock booster and clutch master cyl? is it possible or do i need full tilton conversion?
    No more e30s for me.
    88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
    88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
    91 BMW 325i [sold]
    86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

I'm sure it's possible to use the stock components but that would require a lot of custom fab work. And then the question would be why? You could upgrade to Tilton MC's and gain a lot of feel, adjustability, etc.

The biggest thing will be to fabricate a proper mounting bracket, normally people installing these will mount them to a roll cage cross member. In a stock car one would need to create this bracket. I've seen it done before, a friend of mine has an E30 that has an aftermarket set up, including the MC's. I didn't see it get done but I'm sure it was a fair bit of work.

Cheers.
      Jack Money

Comment

thanks man. i just can't stand the stock gas pedal at the track. i'll pass but bump for you!
        No more e30s for me.
        91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

What is so inadequate about the E30 pedals? Just curious.
          Recent Rebranding!!
          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
          E30 SM62/S62
          E30 M60 V8
          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
          Instagram.com/garageaholic
          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

brake and clutch are fine, no complaints. gas is where its at when heel-toeing at the track...real easy in my previous cars, but in the e30 its kinda ackward. You have to hit it with the side of your foot and it makes my braking inconsistent and sometimes jerky with the new stiffer booster/MC setup (s52)....+ the pedals don't seem aligned, seems like the gas pedal is somewhat behind the plane where the clutch and brake pedal are... more like pinky-toeing, but that's just me.
            No more e30s for me.
            91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

what's the advantage to floor mounted pedals?

I always thought heel/toe was a breaze in m ex girlfirends miata with hung pedals.

I agree that the floor mounted pedal is dificult to modulate since the fulcrum is so low with your heel as the force pressing the gas pedal.
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                what's the advantage to floor mounted pedals?

install is easy as candy

Comment

OT: What bottom mount pedals did you get

Good luck with the sale!
                  Dan Zickel
                  1995 M3, 1991 318iS, 1987 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
                    brake and clutch are fine, no complaints. gas is where its at when heel-toeing at the track...real easy in my previous cars, but in the e30 its kinda ackward. You have to hit it with the side of your foot and it makes my braking inconsistent and sometimes jerky with the new stiffer booster/MC setup (s52)....+ the pedals don't seem aligned, seems like the gas pedal is somewhat behind the plane where the clutch and brake pedal are... more like pinky-toeing, but that's just me.
                    What this tells me is that your ergonomics are not correct. In my first JS car I always had this problem, could never quite heel and toe, always did the side/side thing. I got use to it and it wasn't a problem. But then I got a new seat and reset it along with using a steering wheel spacer, my legs proportionally are longer than my arms so to reach the wheel I was always sitting too close even though it didn't feel that way. Once I got the seat properly positioned heel and toe was so natural it was unbelievebable. It was sorta like broadband internet, once you have it you don't know how you lived without it. Trust me, small changes to ergonomics make huge differences!

Cheers.
                    Jack Money

Comment

I went with floor mount for a few reasons.

1. I want them to be adjustable as I plan to move my seat back a ways for better weight distribution.

b. If other drivers need to drive my car I can move the pedals instead of messing with a seat.

iii. We are using the 3 pedal kit in our other car so I figured it was smarter to make 2 of the same mounting schemes vs doing 2 entirely different ones.

I'm not really worried at all about switching from hung to floor mount, I doubt it will matter one bit to me. I'll get used to it very quickly. We are using the Tilton standard 3 pedal kit, the steel version which is roughly 1/4 the price of the aluminum version. ; )

Cheers.
                      Jack Money

Comment

Working...
                      X