Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Baur owners have any interest in a used roof panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Baur owners have any interest in a used roof panel?

It's in good shape at a local yard I went to this morning. If there's interest I'll pick it up tonight. There are a few minor blemishes but for the most part it's in good shape.

Tim

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
    MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
    | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

We need to go on a yard trip together, Call me the next time you go, even if it's just to wander the isles and assist with tool handing...

Comment

Damn, I had to buy a whole roller for that piece! How much? Might be good to have a back-up. Be sure to take all the hardware with it too, the vary from year to year, so it's a good thing I got the whole car in retrospect... Is the rear soft piece there too?

Comment

long shot

I know this is a long shot but do they have any Mercedes 190e 2.3 16v cars there?? Need a head for my 16v Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GraphicRage View Post
          Damn, I had to buy a whole roller for that piece! How much? Might be good to have a back-up. Be sure to take all the hardware with it too, the vary from year to year, so it's a good thing I got the whole car in retrospect... Is the rear soft piece there too?
          I have no idea. If you think it's worth it I'll grab it for someone, but I'm not going to buy it to sit on it. The rear piece is in good shape too. I took some pics of the car since it has Euro bumpers on it too. :)

Tim

PS Jax, or whoever you are, you can go check for that head yourself. :giggle:

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats

Comment

The entire Baur is there. I got some pics, but I was more focused on the bumpers so I didn't get a very good one of the roof. Here are some snaps:

Plenty of valuable goodies on these cars.

Tim

PS: Farbin, somehow I missed your post offering to handle my tool. How can I pass on that? PM me your phone so I have it for next time.

PPS. Jack, these pics are for you. The head is still there, but someone pulled some of the body kit. Oh Noez.

Comment

Why do people dispose of good Baurs. :-(

If you can grab the whole Baur assembly, hardware, rear side glass, plus any Baur/TC logos left on the car, I'd be interested. Would be good to have backups of all those things. The plastic is ok on the rear window, right?'

For the hardware on the top piece, there will be two "puller arms" on the rear attached to the t-frame, and also two slider pieces on the front of the opening that accept the male part of the roof, plus the knob twist that raises up the whole assembly. For the rear canvas/plastic, I've never taken one of those apart, but if any hardware there looks important, grab it. :-)

BTW, poke around in the trunk and see if the rear window cover is there too, those can bring some $$ because most folks lose them! It will be a pleather looking thing with snaps, probably rolled up into a ball and stuffed into a corner somewhere. lol

How much you think the yard would charge for all the baur junk?

Comment

Originally posted by GraphicRage View Post
                Why do people dispose of good Baurs. :-(

If you can grab the whole Baur assembly, hardware, rear side glass, plus any Baur/TC logos left on the car, I'd be interested. Would be good to have backups of all those things. The plastic is ok on the rear window, right?'

For the hardware on the top piece, there will be two "puller arms" on the rear attached to the t-frame, and also two slider pieces on the front of the opening that accept the male part of the roof, plus the knob twist that raises up the whole assembly. For the rear canvas/plastic, I've never taken one of those apart, but if any hardware there looks important, grab it. :-)

BTW, poke around in the trunk and see if the rear window cover is there too, those can bring some $$ because most folks lose them! It will be a pleather looking thing with snaps, probably rolled up into a ball and stuffed into a corner somewhere. lol

How much you think the yard would charge for all the baur junk?
                The rear window is milky but intact. The top is currently popped up like a sunroof in the tilted position, so I'm sure the mechanism still works. The car had Oxblood (dark, dark red) front sport seats with no rips or tears when I was there last week, but they're gone now. I'd never seen the color before in person, it was almost brown. Speaking of which, the interior door cards are in excellent condition if anyone wants them. Oxblood with black door pulls.

All the glass on the car is intact except for the front windshield. I didn't see anything that said Baur on it anywhere. The trunk has a bunch of crap in it, so when I go back to get the bumpers I'll look in the trunk for that cover.

BTW, this car was probably totalled. If you look at the pics, the lower valence, hood and windshield were all totally jacked up. Based on the interior, I'd say it was well-kept to that point.

No idea what the yard would charge, but it can't be that much. I could probably offer them $300-$400 for the entire car as it sits.

Tim

Comment

Since you will be there, I would pay you for taking those ellips and fogs off if they are in good condition. I need all the plugs, wires for ellips and the mounting screws for the fogs too if you are gonna get them. Let me know how much.

Comment

Aww, you guys should take me junkyard-hunting too :)

(seriously, I don't have a car here at the moment and I am looking for some parts, (like that rear bumper off that baur there) (and Farbin is in the same town as I am))
                    cars beep boop

Comment

First off, the Baur has Euro bumpers on it, and those are mine all mine. :D Secondly, if the ellips are still there I'll be taking them to graft into my new E21...the sealed beams are something turrible coming from 55w HIDs. It's like "a candle in a jam jar" to quote one of my idols, Mr. Jeremy Clarkson.

This particular yard has almost no BMW traffic in it. In fact, I even sent Farbin directions and what was at this yard so he could get the stuff, because they had a 50% off sale last weekend and I was sure all of it would be gone.

In fact, not only was the stuff I told him about not touched, but there must be 4 uncracked dashes as well. Not to mention heads, unopened DMEs just begging to be checked for chips, and all kinds of other goodies. I didn't have time to pull all the stuff I'd like to have from there. And it's like that every time I go.

I have an issue with too many people knowing about it, or it will cease to be a good spot for me to go. Know what I mean?

Tim

Comment

I understand :(

Good luck with it, then.
                        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                          I understand :(

Good luck with it, then.
                          Hey, don't get me wrong, I didn't say I wouldn't take you. I'd just make you sign a non-compete document and take you there blindfolded. And I'd make you pay my $2 cover and buy me Farmer Boys afterwards. :D

Tim

Comment

Ha ha aha

Comment

im sure its all gone now !!

but im got baur bits available ! anyone ?

Comment

Working...
                              X