Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silence View Post
    *Update*
    All new power steering deletes will be made of UHMV. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_h...t_polyethylene) it works better than the aluminum by preventing leaks caused by improper sealing with the o-rings. I am in the transition now, and will update the website.
    *Update*
    Sounds intriguing. PM sent.

M50B25tu

Comment

*Update*
      All new power steering deletes will be made of UHMV. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_h...t_polyethylene) it works better than the aluminum by preventing leaks caused by improper sealing with the o-rings. I am in the transition now, and will update the website.
      *Update*
      Have you done much testing with this new material? I am not at all doubting it based on some knowledge, just asking whether you have run the new material for long enough to say that it holds up.

Clearly, the old material was up to the task for many users.
      Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Originally posted by BenMGP View Post
        I would so buy this if there was a DIY for the noobs like me. :)
        Also, in for this.
        Patrick Henry

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
          Have you done much testing with this new material? I am not at all doubting it based on some knowledge, just asking whether you have run the new material for long enough to say that it holds up.

Clearly, the old material was up to the task for many users.
          Yeah i did a lot of research on this new material, and i'm in the process of testing now. Based on its properties, I have no doubt that it is up to the task. I stand by my products, and if for any reason you are unhappy with their performance, you can return them for a full refund.

Comment

Yeah i did a lot of research on this new material, and i'm in the process of testing now. Based on its properties, I have no doubt that it is up to the task. I stand by my products, and if for any reason you are unhappy with their performance, you can return them for a full refund.
            I've used UHMWP for other things and it holds up very well. Just curious, but you know how you fill the ends of the holes you drill on the aluminum one? Are you going to be using the same material with the UHMWP or something else?
            1989 325i Alpineweiß II

Comment

I just want to be clear that I was not doubting you- I was just curious.
              Patrick Henry

Comment

Also, in for this.
                It is a pretty straightforward install.

1. Remove as much of the PS fluid as you can
                2. start disconnecting hoses
                3. with everything disconnected and removed install the PS delete plate.

I have one question on whats the recommended way of putting the washers in.

Should it be bolt/washer/ps delete/washer or something else?
                1989 325i Alpineweiß II

Comment

*Update*
                  All new power steering deletes will be made of UHMV. (

think you mean uhmw...
                  bimmerboltsandparts.com

bring back the neeked broads!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'll be ordering one of these soon.

FYI - Updated your thread title to $35 shipped since that is what the current price is. Should help reduce the "30 or 35?" questions.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just want to reiterate that draining the rack makes a huge difference on steering effort. I personally like lots of effort, but for those curious, simply removing the belt to the PS pump is not a good way to assess if you will like it
                      sigpic

Comment

I just want to be clear that I was not doubting you- I was just curious.
                        no problem :)
                        Originally posted by unrlmth View Post
                        I've used UHMWP for other things and it holds up very well. Just curious, but you know how you fill the ends of the holes you drill on the aluminum one? Are you going to be using the same material with the UHMWP or something else?
                        i'm using set screws and epoxy to seal the holes.

Originally posted by unrlmth View Post
                        It is a pretty straightforward install.

1. Remove as much of the PS fluid as you can
                        2. start disconnecting hoses
                        3. with everything disconnected and removed install the PS delete plate.

I have one question on whats the recommended way of putting the washers in.

Should it be bolt/washer/ps delete/washer or something else?
                        THanks for the write up ;) ...yes that is the order for the install

Originally posted by gone002 View Post
                        think you mean uhmw...
                        yes you are correct. thanks

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                        I'll be ordering one of these soon.

FYI - Updated your thread title to $35 shipped since that is what the current price is. Should help reduce the "30 or 35?" questions.
                        It wont let me :(

Originally posted by rcfanatic View Post
                        Just want to reiterate that draining the rack makes a huge difference on steering effort. I personally like lots of effort, but for those curious, simply removing the belt to the PS pump is not a good way to assess if you will like it
                        you are absolutely correct, it becomes harder to steer if you don't let some fluid out.

Comment

It wont let me :(
                          Which is why I did it for you. :p
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                            Which is why I did it for you. :p
                            :up:

Comment

Got mine today, looks great! Thanks
                              Dale
                              1991 E30 Touring

Comment

Don't hurt me for asking this in a sale thread, but it IS related...

If I want to use this and to swap in an E36 rack at the same time, I get to skip all of the PITA steps about routing the PS lines and just do the "mechanical" parts of the swap without the hydraulic steps- correct?

Also, doing this at the same time as an e36 rack swap is probably the easiest way to do both, right?
                                Patrick Henry

Comment

Working...
                                X