Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW 2.9 M20 built by Bimmerheads plus extras

Hello,

Please read the add carefully before responding or contacting me, thank you.

I'm parting out my '92 E30 MTechnic project that I will never finish due to moving abroad. Sad, but life must go on.

10% deposit to hold parts, the rest due before shipping, or upon collection from North Bay Bavarian in Petaluma, California. The shop can assist with shipping. They could also complete the swap for you (dependent on their schedule).

I will not part out these packages! You may have option 1 or 2, or both together.

1) RHD kit with carbon plenum, plugnplay MS2 for E30, F50 coils, autotune ignitors, 2 different Wide Bands, alloy catch can, refurbished S52 Pink Top injectors. This is a complete kit to convert an M20 to ITBs. It is not tuned, but I can assist you in finding a base tune to get you started, the owner base for the RHD kit is very friendly and helpful. -$2,300

2) The COMPLETE, NEW, 2.9L M20 swap, 85 Bore x 84 stroke ~10:1 Compression, fully forged. Built by Bimmerheads in LA in 2016. Available after the Christmas holiday. $7000

-This does NOT include the RHD kit or parts associated with that kit.

The engine was built for N/A use with the kit, but can easily be turbo'd. My original intention was ITBs for normal use, with a 150shot of nitrous for Wednesday night Drags at Sonoma Raceway. High comp fully forged fun

Includes:

-Radiator to the tail of the transmission. Missing intake parts, distributor, and ECU. All hoses, oil cooler, HD clutch kit, DSSR shift linkage, belts, used radiator, used engine harness, used transmission, all ancillaries (used but cleaned up) etc is included. If it's related to getting the engine running and shifting, it's yours. I also have ceramic coated Ireland Engineering long tube headers.

Edit: Clutch is a Sachs 618 HD pressure plate, lightened stock flywheel, and OEM Organic disk. This is not a cheap combination.

Bottom End:

Integrated Engineering Tuscan I-Beam rifle-drilled rods, 135mm

Mahle Ultimate street 2.9 pistons, 85mm bore

Ishara Johnson Teflon crank scraper

ARP head studs

OEM crank bolts

OEM bearings

M52 crank

Crank sleeve for the oil seal

Rebuilt oil pump

Head:

The only thing that was re-used was the oil spray bar, valve retainers, and bare BMW (not AMC) head. The head was lightly ported, and polished on the exhaust side. Combustion chambers have also been polished.

Supertech valves (stock size)

Beehive dual stock springs

Irland Engineering HD rockers

272 New Billet Ireland Engineering cam

New rocker shafts (Ireland Engineering)

VAC cam gear

All valve guides replaced

Gates Racing timing belt

Block-off plate to replace distributor for Wasted Spark

Powder coated black valve cover

$7000usd

10% deposit to hold parts. The balance will be due before shipping, or upon collection. This will give you time to get the cash together. North Bay Bavarian can assist with shipping. They can also complete the swap for you (dependent on their schedule and pricing).

Thank you for reading the add carefully. Please contact me with further questions,

Happy Motoring,

James Darley
    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
    A Topless Memorandum

Some photos in this album per forum rules. Thanks for looking.

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Sale pending

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Bump, still available

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Price Reduced, $6k, let's talk

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

engine Still available? text 626-482-2077

Comment

Still available

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Curious as to what the expected power output would be with this whole set-up? What was your target?

Comment

This has been sold, it is going in a 2002.

I was expecting around 220whp. A similar build with less headwork just dyno'd a bit over 230whp

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Working...
                  X