Retrofitted e46/e30 consoles with armrest and cupholders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrofitted e46/e30 consoles with armrest and cupholders

Modified e46 lower console and armrest with cup holders, coin tray and handbrake lever cover PLUS modified e30 console.

What you get per set:
    1- e30 Modified USED e30 upper console (new fiberglass corners for correct fitment, both brackets included) treated with SEM texture and painted with black SEM black trim.
    2- e46 Modified USED e46 leather arm rest (base) with hidden compartment (color black). NO rips in VGC.
    3- e46 Modified USED e46 lower console (where handbrake lever goes) treated with SEM texture and painted with black SEM black trim.
    4- e46 USED cup holder base.
    5- e46 USED coin holder.
    6- e46 Used leather handbrake lever cover. NO rips in VGC (color black).
    7- e46 Ashtray holder WITH removable ashtray. (color black).
    8- e46 hazard switch (for cosmetics use/cover only).
    9- Detailed installation instructions with template for correct placement (will need to cut small area of carpet under console).
    10- Hardware to secure pieces.

What you DO NOT GET
    1- e30 ashtray with screws (you got this right?)
    2- Top screw for bracket that holds upper console.
    3- Window switches.

Installation
    1- You will need to cut a small piece of carpet where arm rest sits. Non visible once installed.
    2- Drill a few holes on tunnel.
    3- Removal of your existing console. (will provide instructions in case you never done it).

Stuff you need needed
    1- Drill
    2- Philips screwdriver.
    3- Small hammer to mark holes to be drilled on tunnel.
    4- Measuring tape to confirm placement of console.

BOTH sets have been installed and tested for proper fitment. (Have extra 3 consoles if there's demand)

PRICE $400 plus shipping and ppal fees (from ca 94597)

Very cool! Forwarding to a friend with a cabrio not on the R3V forum who may be interested.

Do you have any pics of the install fully buttoned up, with all switches and bits installed, so he could see the final result?
    Any interest in getting E46 armrest and lower console and E30 console for core credit, or to use them in customer's car (especially if E46 console isn't black)? I know you said you had 3 sets ready to go now, but in the future if this takes off?

Comment

Assuming the one with 4 switches. Will set it up and take pics later. If I sell the ones I have and people want more, cores are the way to go since e30 are almost gone from boneyards and the e46 parts are not cheap. The color one will have to be prep with special adhesion primer to go blabk unless people want grey or beige (which i believe are the other colors). I am trying to 3d print a blank where the hazard light goes and install a usb charger.

Comment

Is the surface where the shifter console and the rear console meet flush ? It looks like the shifter console is slightly higher. Also I know this is extremely hard to photograph, but how high does the arm rest come ? Honestly this is probably one of the best executions of the E46 center console in the E30. If you can finish the button for the hazard light spot with a dual usb charger, I am sold and will take it. I will PM you.

Comment

Looks great.... I installed one about a year ago....... Got the console from my local junk yard off 2004 325i Bmw for about $12.00...i cracked the console last week but headed back to pick another one up

Comment

Working...
          X