FS: Antenna Hole Plugs - $12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Antenna Hole Plugs - $12

For months I had water in my trunk and I couldn't figure out why. Turns out the previous owner has tried to plug the antenna hole with a hard plastic piece which I assume was from the hardware store...
    This softer plastic perfectly plugged the hole, and doesn't need sealant. I could only buy these in a pack, so I am selling the rest. Install is a tight fit so it helps to press them in on a warm day. If you would like to purchase, please message me your email and I'll send you a paypal invoice. Free shipping within the US. $12

Click image for larger version

Name:	image0 (1).jpeg
Views:	509
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	9948124 Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpeg
Views:	461
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	9948125 Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (1).jpeg
Views:	458
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	9948126

Send u a message 1 please Norm Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Aloha Norm

Comment

Originally posted by 318ti808 View Post
      Send u a message 1 please Norm Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Aloha Norm
      Just mailed yours out this morning

Comment

Still have a couple left!

Comment

Bump

Comment

Instead of trying to make a profit off of people on the forum on a readily available item, how about share info on where you got the plugs from. I’m sure you paid $12 or less for the pack of plugs. I got my plugs from ace hardware and they were like $0.79 ea Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cgk_iii View Post
              Instead of trying to make a profit off of people on the forum on a readily available item, how about share info on where you got the plugs from. I’m sure you paid $12 or less for the pack of plugs. I got my plugs from ace hardware and they were like $0.79 ea Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Thanks for the reply but I’m not doing this to make a profit, and I was clear about that in my first post... I make a couple dollars on each sale. The reason I’m doing this is to provide a way for people to better seal their trunks :)

You are incorrect that I paid less than $12 for the pack. It cost me $25 from McMaster Carr, and $4 to $5 dollars goes to shipping each one.

Most people who buy the cheap hardware store plugs can only get hard plastic ones which still let water into their trunk. Is this your situation?

Comment

BuMp

Comment

Bump

Comment

Try a little dish soap when installing, slips in easy and washes off naturally. And to the prior comment about reselling, You can go to any store and find a rubber one if you want to spend the time. I found a good parts store in Fla, and the counter guy located a part made by Chrysler that was rubber that fit. Yes it was less then lets say $2 but I had to put the time in to locate it, and I had to find a parts guy that would look. If I ever locate that part Id give it away for the cost of shipping. But I only had to buy 1, and later put an antenna in. Also if you search enough on this site, there are dimensions for this part, so theoretically some one could just search online for a rubber plug that size. For some people this is just easier and cheaper in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                      Try a little dish soap when installing, slips in easy and washes off naturally. And to the prior comment about reselling, You can go to any store and find a rubber one if you want to spend the time. I found a good parts store in Fla, and the counter guy located a part made by Chrysler that was rubber that fit. Yes it was less then lets say $2 but I had to put the time in to locate it, and I had to find a parts guy that would look. If I ever locate that part Id give it away for the cost of shipping. But I only had to buy 1, and later put an antenna in. Also if you search enough on this site, there are dimensions for this part, so theoretically some one could just search online for a rubber plug that size. For some people this is just easier and cheaper in the long run.
                      Great idea about the soap! Thanks for sharing

Comment

I'll take one! Sent a PM

Comment

Would you mind providing the McMaster Carr p/n? I want to get a couple of packs for a friend in Europe that's active in his country's E30 community.

Comment

Originally posted by flipper325es View Post
                            Would you mind providing the McMaster Carr p/n? I want to get a couple of packs for a friend in Europe that's active in his country's E30 community.
                            McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Comment

Working...
                            X