M30 motor for e30 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30 motor for e30 swap

Looking for an m30 motor with 100k miles or less.

Location? And trying to find a low mile m30 is a fruitless venture. That's like trying to find a low mileage sbc. These engines are good for 300k+ miles. I took apart one with 276k and it still had great compression and crosshatching in the bores. With all that said, i have B34 with 163k miles. I'm located in NE Kansas.
    1990 325i Cashmere Beige

"I don't like question marks. They're like exclamation points, but think they're fancy because they're curved. I won't tolerate it." -MNChiefsan

Comment

Will an m30 with 200k miles still function properly or will all motors at that point need rebuilding? I’m very new to this

Comment

I also have a b34 (approx 150k miles) that’s wrapped in an ‘87 535i automatic. The body looks rough, but the engine starts every time. It runs, drives & stops. It’s the first of many BMW items to sell, as health won’t allow wrenching any more. Fly to SC & drive back in your new ride, loaded with e30 goodies in the back seat/trunk. PM me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would have no issues running a 200k engine. Refreshing its seals and gaskets and run it
          1990 325i Cashmere Beige

"I don't like question marks. They're like exclamation points, but think they're fancy because they're curved. I won't tolerate it." -MNChiefsan

Comment

I think I’m gonna go with an s52 since I found one. It really seems like there’s more parts and threads on it.

Comment

Working...
            X