Wanted: Stock/OEM catalytic converters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
    Matt you need to answer my PM's ASAP before I bring my dispute with you into the forum,
    Damn, Please do explain.

Comment

Basically I sent him a E36 cat. via US Parcel Post. No insurance was requested but I didn't ask if he wanted it. US Postal Tracking # 9102 1288 8230 0905 4205 05

On Nov. 27th I get a notice in the mail that somehow the shipping label got separated from the package and it was lost along with a form to fill out to find it. They also sent the label which looked as if someone had cut it off the box with a razor blade. I instantly notified him and told him I was sending in the claim form the next day. I called the USPS and they told me it could take up to 45 days because of the holiday season to find the package. I relayed this info to him via PM and his response was:

I was wondering what was going on....I was tracking it and for 6 days it kept saying it was still at the Springfield MA location. Did you call that location to see if they could track down the box? I believe you are the one who will have to file a claim for the items as you were the shipper. Please let me know as soon as possible when you hear anything.

Matt
      I've not heard anything from him until I get notice in Paypal he just charged it back to his Credit Card without first contacting me to ask for a refund. I have since contacted the USPS and have a case number CA100980651 for my missing package which they said could now take up to 90 days to find.

Now Paypal is not only charging me the $115 but an additional $10 chargeback fee since he charged it back through his CC company and not through Paypal. This ALL could have been avoided if he would have contacted me and said "Hey, I can't wait 45 days please give me a refund" which I would have gladly done.

Now I'm out $125 and a cat. converter and have not had a response out of Matt since Nov.

All I want is the $10 back that Paypal has charged me that could have been avoided if proper forum etiquette was used in this situation. There was no need file a chargeback when I would have given a refund if simply asked for one. I have no problem accepting responsibility for the lost package (even though in most cases, if you do not ask for insurance the package is the responsibility of the buyer if the seller can provide proof the item was shipped.)

To beat all, when I filed my claim form I marked the "If found please deliver to original recipient" instead of "return to sender." So if they do find it they will send it to him and not me.
      Last edited by RobertK; 01-17-2010, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Basically I sent him a E36 cat. via US Parcel Post. No insurance was requested but I didn't ask if he wanted it. US Postal Tracking # 9102 1288 8230 0905 4205 05

On Nov. 27th I get a notice in the mail that somehow the shipping label got separated from the package and it was lost along with a form to fill out to find it. They also sent the label which looked as if someone had cut it off the box with a razor blade. I instantly notified him and told him I was sending in the claim form the next day. I called the USPS and they told me it could take up to 45 days because of the holiday season to find the package. I relayed this info to him via PM and his response was:

I've not heard anything from him until I get notice in Paypal he just charged it back to his Credit Card without first contacting me to ask for a refund. I have since contacted the USPS and have a case number CA100980651 for my missing package which they said could now take up to 90 days to find.

Now Paypal is not only charging me the $115 but an additional $10 chargeback fee since he charged it back through his CC company and not through Paypal. This ALL could have been avoided if he would have contacted me and said "Hey, I can't wait 45 days please give me a refund" which I would have gladly done.

Now I'm out $125 and a cat. converter and have not had a response out of Matt since Nov.

All I want is the $10 back that Paypal has charged me that could have been avoided if proper forum etiquette was used in this situation. There was no need file a chargeback when I would have given a refund if simply asked for one. I have no problem accepting responsibility for the lost package (even though in most cases, if you do not ask for insurance the package is the responsibility of the buyer if the seller can provide proof the item was shipped.)

To beat all, when I filed my claim form I marked the "If found please deliver to original recipient" instead of "return to sender." So if they do find it they will send it to him and not me.

Here is my predicament. I have 60 days from the date of payment to file a claim. I understand the label supposedly was "separated from the package" during shipping. This is in no way, shape or form my fault. You said you'd filed a claim with USPS and it may take a while. At that point it's been about 30 days already. I cannot afford to sit around and wait for USPS to tell you they cannot find the item and since it wasn't insured they cannot reimburse you for the package. Unfortunately it's not your fault, and I feel bad that this happened to you...but as a buyer I have to protect myself. If I waited much longer I'd lose the ability to file a claim/chargeback. Sorry it didn't work out but hopefully you understand where I'm coming from. I've lost stuff in the mail before as well, and I've always been the one who loses out on either the item, the money, or both.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmer0761 View Post
          Here is my predicament. I have 60 days from the date of payment to file a claim. I understand the label supposedly was "separated from the package" during shipping. This is in no way, shape or form my fault. You said you'd filed a claim with USPS and it may take a while. At that point it's been about 30 days already. I cannot afford to sit around and wait for USPS to tell you they cannot find the item and since it wasn't insured they cannot reimburse you for the package. Unfortunately it's not your fault, and I feel bad that this happened to you...but as a buyer I have to protect myself. If I waited much longer I'd lose the ability to file a claim/chargeback. Sorry it didn't work out but hopefully you understand where I'm coming from. I've lost stuff in the mail before as well, and I've always been the one who loses out on either the item, the money, or both.
          My issue is that you NEVER contacted me to ask for a refund FIRST. THAT should have been your FIRST action.

Now say you had contacted me requesting a refund and I never replied THEN you should file a charge back but instead you said nothing, filed a chargeback, and now not only am I out $115 and my converter I'm also out a $10 chargeback fee from your credit card company which could have been avoided had you simply ASKED me for a refund because you didn't want to wait any longer. To add insult to injury I marked the lost package form "If found deliver to original recipient" What am I supposed to do if they find it and deliver it to you?

I went above and beyond to work with the US postal service to find a package that got lost in transit to your home, a package, mind you, that you DID NOT ask for insurance on. What you did was very poor forum etiquette not to mention you ignored my PMs without responding. This does not make you look like a very reliable person to deal with.

Lucky for me Paypal is willing to hear me out for a seller protection claim since I have a valid USPS tracking # associated with the transaction.

This is the SECOND time I've been burned dealing with scrap cat. converter buyers online and probably the LAST!
          Last edited by RobertK; 01-18-2010, 09:05 PM.

Comment

It was mentioned to me that I might have gone a little overboard on my post so I removed it. Whatever

Last edited by germancarsonly; 01-19-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by germancarsonly View Post
              I'm with Robert on this deal. The buyer is a low life fucking worthless piece of shit scammer that mostly posts to this forum looking to pick up cheap cats. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on both if that is all he wants! Come on guys, this asshole buyer is a ripoff. He knows that the BMW cats from the late 80's have the richest stuff in them to reclaim of all cats. Am I right or wrong? Is this guy a total asshole or what? He isn't an E30 driver, only a scammer.......
              Why does that make him an a@#$% ? If members want to sell their unused scrap to someone that is willing to pay for it means that he's a shrewd business person.

While I do feel bad for Robert, he should have asked the question before the charge back. If he didn't like the answer he could have done the charge back the next day.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Wow...just wondering though.

If you sent him a cat...

he sent you $115....

cat got lost...

he took his money back....

you got charged $10...

wouldn't you just be out $10 + shipping? (and the lost cat) ..not really $125, still sucks, just sounds like your saying he stole your money instead of just taking back what he gave you and then you being out the shipping, which i guess a nice person might split. :???:

Comment

Originally posted by hotballs View Post
                  Wow...just wondering though.

If you sent him a cat...

he sent you $115....

cat got lost...

he took his money back....

you got charged $10...

wouldn't you just be out $10 + shipping? (and the lost cat) ..not really $125, still sucks, just sounds like your saying he stole your money instead of just taking back what he gave you and then you being out the shipping, which i guess a nice person might split. :???:
                  True, mainly I'm out just the cat. that got lost in shipping + $10 but that's if the package is never found.

I can deal with the lost cat. I just believe that he should be responsible to pick up the $10 charge back fee that could have been avoided if he acted as a reputable online buyer. I really don't think this is unreasonable considering how this guy pretty much tried to REEM Joe Funk (Autobahn Sport) for not responding to PMs in the 48hr period but can't respond to PMs sent to him in the past 1-2 weeks.

Comment

True, mainly I'm out just the cat. that got lost in shipping + $10 but that's if the package is never found.

I can deal with the lost cat. I just believe that he should be responsible to pick up the $10 charge back fee that could have been avoided if he acted as a reputable online buyer. I really don't think this is unreasonable considering how this guy pretty much tried to REEM Joe Funk (Autobahn Sport) for not responding to PMs in the 48hr period but can't respond to PMs sent to him in the past 1-2 weeks.
                    I have no problem paying the $10 chargeback fee didn't know that was theo nly issue. What is your paypal. Like I said I honestly really feel bad about the situation, but i've purchased well over a 1,000 cats online within the past 2 years alone, and this has happened at least 5 times (at least 10-20 times the cats show up half full, 1/4 full, 3/4 full or empty). My only protection is to do a chargeback, i'd lose money otherwise and I'm only allowed so much time...so to even contact you and tell you i'm doing a chargeback isn't really going to affect anything. Send your paypal and i'll send $10 as soon as i'm online next.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmer0761 View Post
                      I have no problem paying the $10 chargeback fee didn't know that was theo nly issue. What is your paypal. Like I said I honestly really feel bad about the situation, but i've purchased well over a 1,000 cats online within the past 2 years alone, and this has happened at least 5 times (at least 10-20 times the cats show up half full, 1/4 full, 3/4 full or empty). My only protection is to do a chargeback, i'd lose money otherwise and I'm only allowed so much time...so to even contact you and tell you i'm doing a chargeback isn't really going to affect anything. Send your paypal and i'll send $10 as soon as i'm online next.

Matt
                      You sir, have redeemed yourself in my book.

May I suggest in the future just ask for a refund first that way, if the seller issues the refund back to you, they avoid the chargeback fee and also get their transaction fees refunded by Paypal. If they don't respond within 5 days then fire off that chargeback to your CC company.

I will shoot you a PM with my info.

Comment

bump....buying again back from FL

Comment

Have a stock I i can ship you if youll ever respond

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                          Full Product Line Tuning
                          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

I have all of the cats from:

1985 Mercedes 190E 2.3
                            1985 Mercedes 190E 2.3
                            1985 BMW 325E
                            1989 Mercedes 560SEL
                            2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder

-kept the parts from parts cars.
                            1991 E30 M3 Brilliant/black - S54B32/5M
                            1990 E30 318iT RHD Lagunagrun/tan - S52B32Turbo/5M
                            2011 E82 1M VO/blk/6M
                            1991 E31 850i red/grey/6M
                            1997 F355 spider red/tan/6M

Comment

bump...

Comment

Thats it, you nailed it, my freind in Florida makes a fortune recycling the platinum. But he does all cars..

Comment

Working...
                                X