WTB: hard top bracket inserts or whole bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: hard top bracket inserts or whole bracket

So I have a hard top but my brackets in the car don't have the rubbery insert which means the pins for the top rattle. Does anyone have the inserts or a complete set of the brackets?

There are plastic contact bushes that allow the rear defroster to function, #25 in the diagram. Other than that, various adjustments tighten the top down.

Comment

Thanks. Really? Any guide on how to install them correctly then? I place them in and it can twist out and rattles in place.

Comment

Well hopefully you are turning the 11mm nut on top of the hardtop pins 1/4 turn to lock them in. Once everything is copacetic, the 1/4 turn is all it takes to lock the rear posts in tight. If the posts are loose and allow side to side or up and down movement they do need to be snugged in place. Exactly where that place is, is a fitament made to each individual e30 & hardtop pairing. This diagram shows the three axis of adjustment. BMW sells a special wrench for the larger lock-ring adjustments. Once properly set, the lock rings need no further adjustments.

Last edited by siggy; 05-23-2010, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X