No announcement yet.

WTB: *MINT* E30 manual coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search may be over again, my original plans may be coming back together.

Bump anyways. I have horrible luck when it comes to finding the right E30.

Comment

Patience and perseverence at that will yield 'the right one' Payed off for me.

Comment

Don't search in the usual places. Check the newspaper even....you'd be surprised how many people have some super nice cars that aren't active CCA members or on forums, etc.
        Trevor Ely
        '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
        '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3n528
          Don't search in the usual places. Check the newspaper even....you'd be surprised how many people have some super nice cars that aren't active CCA members or on forums, etc.
          Boston/local newspapers, the Want Ad, autotrader.com, cars.com, craigslist.com, r3vlimited.com, bimmerforums.com, eBay.com, Roundel classifieds... trust me, if it's for sale within 150-200 miles, I know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
            Originally posted by bmwm3n528
            Boston/local newspapers, the Want Ad, autotrader.com, cars.com, craigslist.com, r3vlimited.com, bimmerforums.com, eBay.com, Roundel classifieds... trust me, if it's for sale within 150-200 miles, I know about it.
            You and me both, my friend ;)

Comment

I found my 1988 325iS, Alpine White, with 34,600 miles on it this March in the BMWCCA Roundel. I paid $9500 for it, which was much over Blue Book, but then had it appraised at $20,000, so immaculate E30s ARE out there. This car literally looks new, and has Euro BMW options like the 15X7 basketweaves, a Euro alarm that was never offered here, trunk kit with warning triangles and BMW first aid kit,etc. I've put another $4500 into it since I bought it with suspension, tires, intake, and exhaust work. I MIGHT consider an offer. :?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish1
                I paid $9500 for it, which was much over Blue Book, but then had it appraised at $20,000
                Where/how do you have it appraised? If I do buy the car I have lined up, appraising it for more than KBB value is something I'm definitely interested in.

Comment

I found a firm through my Insurance agent that details, deals and appraises Collector Cars. Call firms that have Collector Car lots, agencies, and ask how they get cars appraised for sale. Just about every major city has one or a few collector car sale/consignment firms. The appraiser wrote a detailed description of the car with pictures, after doing research in E30 values and inspecting the car in detail. I also provided a copy of this appraisal to my insurance company so if some tweaker in a Suburban wipes this car out I'll be reimbursed the total/real value. This car DOES look brand new: WAY better than that red iS that was shown in this discussion. :roll:

Originally posted by Jarvis
                  Where/how do you have it appraised? If I do buy the car I have lined up, appraising it for more than KBB value is something I'm definitely interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish1
                    I found my 1988 325iS, Alpine White, with 34,600 miles on it this March in the BMWCCA Roundel. I paid $9500 for it, which was much over Blue Book, but then had it appraised at $20,000, so immaculate E30s ARE out there. This car literally looks new, and has Euro BMW options like the 15X7 basketweaves, a Euro alarm that was never offered here, trunk kit with warning triangles and BMW first aid kit,etc. I've put another $4500 into it since I bought it with suspension, tires, intake, and exhaust work. I MIGHT consider an offer. :?
                    I've got to see this, could you post some pics?

Comment

someone got owned

Comment

my car has all that bs, except for the alarm. and a supersprint catback. and that shit is rare as fuck, 1 of 6 in the country. and I sure didn't pay no 9 grand

but i respect having a perfect e30, i hope you enjoy it, and keep it nice.
                        Originally posted by blunt
                        can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Working...
                        X