wtb: eta based stroker parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wtb: eta based stroker parts

I have an ix block, eta crank, and 885 head.

I am building an eta based stroker.

Looking for mint eta rods, eta pistons/I pistons, etc.

Also, not sure which pan I need (I heard ix block requires ix pan)

Lmk!

An IX block won't work in a regular RWD E30 without major block modification, just so you know.

I recall you posting up a question asking about strokers for your 325iS.

But I have some good rods... Still need to pull the engine from the car though.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
      An IX block won't work in a regular RWD E30 without major block modification, just so you know.

I recall you posting up a question asking about strokers for your 325iS.

But I have some good rods... Still need to pull the engine from the car though.
      i just read this. ENGINE is a 2.7, with an ETA head. NOT an 885! No idea who mated the 2.7 with the 2.5 everything else. But not a big deal for me!
      Body, and all other related parts. Build date of 10/88. Late model through and through.

its a SETA

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
        i just read this. ENGINE is a 2.7, with an ETA head. NOT an 885! No idea who mated the 2.7 with the 2.5 everything else. But not a big deal for me!
        Body, and all other related parts. Build date of 10/88. Late model through and through.

its a SETA
        Actually it isn't. I found out exactly what engine it was.

I found an SD Card under the carpet. When I plopped in the SD card to see what I found, I saw a guy I recognized.

With pictures of him swapping in the engine with the guy I bought the car from.

Then I remembered, I sold that guy I recognized an engine from an 84 325e

After realizing this, I went back and looked at pictures of the engine I sold him, and low and behold. It looks damn close to the engine I sold him. I'm pretty sure it is.

Even if it's a SETA. I still have ETA rods and pistons in another engine I do have laying on the floor. But I was saving that one for a stroker build as it has 104k miles.

So I could have two sets of ETA rods, and 2 ETA cranks. Or I could have one set of ETA rods, and one set of SETA rods. But again, until I get that engine out, I won't know 100%

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
          Actually it isn't. I found out exactly what engine it was.

I found an SD Card under the carpet. When I plopped in the SD card to see what I found, I saw a guy I recognized.

With pictures of him swapping in the engine with the guy I bought the car from.

Then I remembered, I sold that guy I recognized an engine from an 84 325e

After realizing this, I went back and looked at pictures of the engine I sold him, and low and behold. It looks damn close to the engine I sold him. I'm pretty sure it is.

Even if it's a SETA. I still have ETA rods and pistons in another engine I do have laying on the floor. But I was saving that one for a stroker build as it has 104k miles.

So I could have two sets of ETA rods, and 2 ETA cranks. Or I could have one set of ETA rods, and one set of SETA rods. But again, until I get that engine out, I won't know 100%
          whats the tac look like? SETA's only came in 88 , basicly a eta block with domed pistons, has a 885 head but... eta cam , eta intake , eta valve cover
          and a 2.93 rear end.

Comment

Not to be a downer, but please pm each other if not on topic of my post. I'm reading off my phone its confusing on a small screen.

To add on, I thought ix block was a reg 2.5 block with some differences in the oil pan. This block can't just have an eta crank, 130mm rods and i/eta pistons just plugged in?

Comment

Originally posted by Poor Adam View Post
              Not to be a downer, but please pm each other if not on topic of my post. I'm reading off my phone its confusing on a small screen.

To add on, I thought ix block was a reg 2.5 block with some differences in the oil pan. This block can't just have an eta crank, 130mm rods and i/eta pistons just plugged in?
              sorry. Just go find your self a eta block at the yard. That way its just drop in.

Comment

Originally posted by Poor Adam View Post

Well it can yeah. But it will need to go into an IX car for it to be any kind of cost effective. It's much more involved than just the pan.

Here's a short list of the key differences between an Ix, and a regular M20

-intermediate shaft rotates opposite direction (drives the oil pump in reverse)
                -pressure bypass valve is built into the oil pump on the ix, you'll have to drill and tap for the i oil pump and valve
                -oil pump is different
                -slightly different bolt pattern for the oil pan, you have to drill and tap a couple holes
                -dipstick tube is in a different location. There isn't a casting spot on the ix block to drill for, but you can probably make something work.

Comment

I'll have a set of I pistons out of a block with 15x,xxx miles in the next couple days. Do you need just the pistons, or the piston/rod/cap assemblies?

Comment

Working...
                  X