WTB: '84-'85 318i 7k MotoMeter Tachometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: '84-'85 318i 7k MotoMeter Tachometer

Want to buy as the title states, I will be using it to convert from 5k to 7k. It needs to use a coding plug.

Thanks
    Last edited by Nathan; 11-21-2005, 06:12 PM. Reason: Purchased the item I was looking for...
    PNW E30 CREW ///

bump...
    PNW E30 CREW ///

Comment

This would really be cool to have. Come on parts car guys!! Scott, you have everything, you should have this!

(Bump)
      PNW E30 CREW ///

Comment

Does it have to come from an '84-85 318i?? I've got an '85 I'm parting out, but not sure if it's a motometer or VDO.

Any other car it could come from?? I've got 318is (M42) and 325i parts cars....

Bret.

Comment

It has to use a coding plug instead of a chip. It has to be MotoMeter becuase I have a MotoMeter cluster. The cars I listed were (as far as I know) the only cars that had the 7k tach that used coding plugs.
          PNW E30 CREW ///

Comment

I'll check it out and let you know.

Bret

Comment

you know, nathan, I have 5 gauge clusters at my house... If you ever felt like coming and getting your airbag knee bolster, we could take a look at my manny clusters and see if one worked.

hint hint come get your parts :P

Comment

LOL

I really should do that... But I already bought a guage, lol. It must be going on a couple months now. Are you going to be around the thanksgiving weekend? I probably could find time to come and pick it up then.
                PNW E30 CREW ///

Comment

ya ill be around.

Comment

Well, I checked out a bunch of clusters/tachs today. The only '84 318i cluster I have is a VDO. I have a couple of 325i/318is Motometer clusters, the tachs LOOK the same as the early 318i- they max out at 7k, redline starts at about 6400 and gets a bigger red stripe at ~6600.

Lemme know if one of these would work- they use the code plug like most E30's.

Bret.

Comment

Working...
                    X