WTB: steering column u-joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: steering column u-joint

The online ETK is confusing me as to how many u-joints are on the steering column, so I'll be safe and say I need the lower one (just before it hits the rack). I have an SRS column if that makes any difference for this part.

Dealership price is $170ish, and even with someone's insider help, the part would still be above the $100 mark. I'm hoping someone has one that is new or slightly used (or even used, but still in great shape).

So yeah, anyone?

I'll check on one. I want your soul though.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

are you sure its the actaul joint? check my thread in the suspension forum

Comment

Do you want the swivel joint? Or the rubber piece thats sorda like a flexdisc lookin thing at the bottom that connects the swivel to the steering rack?

Will
        RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
        Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
        DaveCN = Old Man
        My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
        If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by nickmp0wer
          are you sure its the actaul joint? check my thread in the suspension forum
          I'm not doing this because of a "clunk", I'm doing this because there is a 20° gap of movement in the u-joints if you hold the steering wheel still.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaveyBassist
            Do you want the swivel joint? Or the rubber piece thats sorda like a flexdisc lookin thing at the bottom that connects the swivel to the steering rack?

Will
            I need the thing that looks like a driveshaft u-joint, but smaller, I'll find a picture of one tomorrow. Anyways, I don't need a flexdisc, I was thinking of doing a solid piece one, but I'll have to read through Nick's thread first.

Comment

I have one in immaculate shape. $10 plus shipping. Can get a pic later today.

Aaron
              2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Do you want it??

Aaron
                2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Yes, I do. PM sending...

Comment

Working...
                  X