WTB: little steering wheel spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: little steering wheel spacer

I'm getting a 3 spoke wheel to replace the airbag steering wheel on my 90 325i, I read I may need a spacer to make this work nicely.
    Anyone have one layin around? I'd buy one from pelican, but the shipping will screw me.
    #4 in the pic.

I might have one... I'll check tonight... just got through doing a steering rack swap for a friend...

Comment

This piece is used up where the steering wheel mounts.
      But take a look, thanks

Comment

You should already have one, it comes with an airbag car. You just need a couple of washers inbetween the steering wheel and the big nut that goes on top of the steering wheel.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
        You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Yea, I know I have one. I just read that some guys used the spacer rather than washers. I prefer that method.

Comment

Don't have the part, but kick your roommate in the nuts for me and tell him Brew says hey.
            '91 318is
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brew
              Don't have the part, but kick your roommate in the nuts for me and tell him Brew says hey.
              Haha, consider it done!

Comment

i made my spacer out of a piece of PVC pipe that i cut a piece to fit, its the same diameter as the part your looking for. it was that or washers for me, so i went with that.
                Dan

Comment

I'd still prefer the aluminum spacer. Someone check thier junk drawer!,

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                    X