Wtb: 3.73 lsd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtb: 3.73 lsd

Looking for a S3.73 LSD in good working condition. I don't mind if the output shaft seals leak, they will be replaced regardless of condition. The input seal MUST be good and leak free. I would like it to have as little rust on the outside as possible.

I also would like LOTS of pictures of the whole thing inside and out. Make sure you get the spider gears also. I don't need the differential cover bushing either.

PM me what you got and how much shipped to 17339.

Thanks
    Last edited by 88BlackS-ETA; 01-31-2018, 09:48 PM.

Feedback Thread

we just sold the last 373 we had but expect another one coming in soon.
    Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
    Bimmerbuddies LLC
    717-388-1256
    2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
    bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

I have one that I just installed to test. I cleaned it up with my heated power washer, bead blasted the diff cover & clear coated, painted pumpkin black, new paper gasket. Runs well , but rumbles. I bought two local. After putting in the 2.93, I liked that much better, so the 3.73 lsd was just to test. Plans are to replace bearings on the 3.73 and sell. If you want this one I can bolt it onto a small pallet I have and ship it.
      i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

I have a professionally rebuilt one available; there's a link to the thread in my sig.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I've got a 3.73 I can sell ya. Pm me if your interested.
          I'm local, and it's in pretty good condition no leaks.
          sigpic

Comment

I have one that I am about to pull out of my convertible. As far as condition goes, I had the cover off last year and cleaned it out and put in new fluids. There is no rust on the exterior. And it never whined before I did my rear subframe bushings but after going with 12mm offset 75D AKG subframe bushings and trailing arm bushings there is some humming/whining transmitted through the car. Not loud but noticeable when the radio is completely off. It is a 200k mile diff but there were no shavings. Just letting you know that I have one and will be selling it soon if you are interested.
            450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

Working...
            X