Wtb: M30 Afm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtb: M30 Afm

My AFM went T/U. I'm hoping someone here has one before I resort to e-bay. Bosch Part #: 0 280 203 027
    1995 Porsche 911
    1992 BMW 318ic
    2004 Volvo V70
    1988 M3 2.5L - gone
    1988 325is - gone

since the 027 afm is desired because it is plug and play, and ultimately the housing which is desired for a m30 afm, you could potentially save some $ and just buy a m20 afm and swap boards.

that or be sure to sell yours when you get a replacement

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
      since the 027 afm is desired because it is plug and play, and ultimately the housing which is desired for a m30 afm, you could potentially save some $ and just buy a m20 afm and swap boards.

that or be sure to sell yours when you get a replacement
      Sorry, you lost me.

Are you saying the M20 and M30 AFM are the same except for the boards?
      1995 Porsche 911
      1992 BMW 318ic
      2004 Volvo V70
      1988 M3 2.5L - gone
      1988 325is - gone

Comment

different housing, similar enough boards inside. a 026 m30 afm works just fine with a m20 afm board in it, like we've been doing before the "discovery" of 027 ones.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
          different housing, similar enough boards inside. a 026 m30 afm works just fine with a m20 afm board in it, like we've been doing before the "discovery" of 027 ones.
          you mean a 016 m30 afm.

Comment

yeah, oops.

Comment

I always see people say that the 027 AFMs are plug and play with motronic 1.3 cars. It's my understanding that the latest E30s came with motronic 1.1 though so does that mean you have to upgrade your computer? That seems like more of a hassle than swapping out the boards to me so I must be wrong somewhere...

Comment

mine might be for sale i will let you know. its Polished

$100. I removed the cap to inspect the board and clean the black piece up. so its not glued down

Comment

Originally posted by Ball325
                  mine might be for sale i will let you know. its Polished

$100. I removed the cap to inspect the board and clean the black piece up. so its not glued down
                  Yeah, I saw one on e-bay with yellow putty all around the cover. I admit I don't know much about air/fuel management, so I didn't realize that these units have a circuit board.

Yes, let me know if yours is available - but I'm searching hard because I want to do this right away (I hate to run so rich like I am right now and ruin my brand-new cats).
                  1995 Porsche 911
                  1992 BMW 318ic
                  2004 Volvo V70
                  1988 M3 2.5L - gone
                  1988 325is - gone

Comment

Got one with electronics already swapped for $70 shipped. ;)
                    Continuous For Sale Thread
                    323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3
                      Got one with electronics already swapped for $70 shipped. ;)
                      M30 AFM with swapped electronics? Sorry, I don't understand exactly what that means.
                      1995 Porsche 911
                      1992 BMW 318ic
                      2004 Volvo V70
                      1988 M3 2.5L - gone
                      1988 325is - gone

Comment

Originally posted by palmfish
                        M30 AFM with swapped electronics? Sorry, I don't understand exactly what that means.
                        the afm has a circuit board inside. Us, modders, swap the e30 afm board into the m30 afm so it runs "right."

Comment

i have no freakin idea what in the world is goin gon, but i got a afm from my 87 325is for sale :P
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by X2theZ3
                            the afm has a circuit board inside. Us, modders, swap the e30 afm board into the m30 afm so it runs "right."
                            Ah, that explains why several people have mentioned both M20 and M30 AFM's...

The OE M30 AFM (unmodified) is the same unit used by BMW for the original E30 M3 Sport EVO (EVO III). My E30 M3 has an EVO III spec motor (crank, pistons, cams, airbox, injectors, valves, etc.) and I need an unmodified M30 AFM.

Since I know that many M20 owners run M30 AFM's with larger injectors, I hoped that I might find an OE M30 AFM here. My apologies for not explaining that I don't have an M20.

Brian
                            1995 Porsche 911
                            1992 BMW 318ic
                            2004 Volvo V70
                            1988 M3 2.5L - gone
                            1988 325is - gone

Comment

Originally posted by palmfish
                              Ah, that explains why several people have mentioned both M20 and M30 AFM's...

The OE M30 AFM (unmodified) is the same unit used by BMW for the original E30 M3 Sport EVO (EVO III). My E30 M3 has an EVO III spec motor (crank, pistons, cams, airbox, injectors, valves, etc.) and I need an unmodified M30 AFM.

Since I know that many M20 owners run M30 AFM's with larger injectors, I hoped that I might find an OE M30 AFM here. My apologies for not explaining that I don't have an M20.

Brian
                              no problem,

I saw your post on s14.net also. You need the 027 (late model: same as evo III) m30 afm. The earlier one is 016. I might have one in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X