m42 A/C compressor mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m42 A/C compressor mount

I want to buy the bracket that holds the compressor and the pulley below it.
    E30 325ix 62k

Originally posted by kansas-ix
    I want to buy the bracket that holds the compressor and the pulley below it.

I've got it- don't think it has the pulley on it though (it does have the bracket for the pulley- just no pulley...).

Bret.

Comment

Pulley is what I need my friend the pulley is key.
      E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Pulley is what I need my friend the pulley is key.

Do you need the compressor bracket as well?? Seems like the pulley would be fairly cheap to buy new, and probably not a bad idea.

Bret.

Comment

I think the pulley is jammed, that is the problem, if anyone knows how to try to remove the pulley let me know.
          E30 325ix 62k

Comment

I think the pulley is jammed, that is the problem, if anyone knows how to try to remove the pulley let me know.

There should be a round black plastic cover on the front of the pulley, pop it off with a screwdriver and you will see a 13mm bolt head. Remove this bolt and the pulley should come off. If there is still an AC belt on there, you'll have to loosen it using the allen head bolt that points down from behind the pulley- I think it's a 5mm allen wrench. Turning this bolt moves the pulley up and down along the length of the bolt, tightening or loosening the belt.

HTH
            Bret.

Comment

thanks, I'll just order a new pulley I suppose., Or if someone here has one.
              E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Working...
              X