Rear Upper Spring Perches - Rusted Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Upper Spring Perches - Rusted Out

Anyone with a parts car willing to cut out the rear upper spring perches so I can patch in replacements for mine that are rusted out?

It's the upper nipple that "holds" the top of the rear springs in place, opposite the bottom ones that are on the trailer arm.

I don't exactly how far my rust goes so, to be safe, I'd like to get as big of a piece as reasonably possible to cut out and to work with.

Willing to pay for your time and shipping as well of course.

Please let me know, thanks.

'89 E30 Touring, '85 911 3.2 Coupe, '89 GB500, '96 XR400

Yeah, you want a frame rail cutout. BTDT on our iX. Pick up some Eastwood Internal Frame Coating to protect the interior after you are done.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
    2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
    1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
    1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
    - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
    1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
    Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Where are you and which e30 do you need a coupe, vert, or sedan. We have several parting out and we would just cut out of the same car as yours. Give me your zip I’ll have you a price Monday if no one else has them and I’ll give you a shipped price. I’m away from the shop today and I’ll have to double check the car before I tell you. I’m not gonna ask anyone to go look today it’s almost quitting time on Friday and it’s pouring rain here. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
        Yeah, you want a frame rail cutout. BTDT on our iX. Pick up some Eastwood Internal Frame Coating to protect the interior after you are done.
        Frame Rail, right, thanks.

Originally posted by rbmwiv View Post
        Where are you and which e30 do you need a coupe, vert, or sedan. We have several parting out and we would just cut out of the same car as yours. Give me your zip I’ll have you a price Monday if no one else has them and I’ll give you a shipped price. I’m away from the shop today and I’ll have to double check the car before I tell you. I’m not gonna ask anyone to go look today it’s almost quitting time on Friday and it’s pouring rain here. Let me know.
        I'm in NYC zip code 10009. I have a Touring which will be impossible to source , but I'm going under the assumption/hope that they are the same on all E30's? If had to pick of those I would go for a Sedan. Sounds hopeful, look forward to hearing back, thanks.

Comment

Yes both sides correct?

Comment

Both sides, yes. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X