WTB: Passenger ABS Strut Housing, Boston area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Passenger ABS Strut Housing, Boston area

So i went to put in my shiny new Bilsteins and I found that one of my strut guards had slid up and has slowly been rusting the strut retaining collar into oblivion over the last who knows how many miles. It is not even recognizable.

If anyone in the boston area has an ABS strut housing I could take off their hands soon, I'd be thrilled. Hit me here or at ebn2@hotmail.com

Note that I need a good condition (little to no rust) housing/collar. The collar needs to be the Bilstien collar versus the normal strut collar. The bilstien has a larger opening to accomodate the upside-down design.

Thanks!

-E
    Last edited by ErykTheRead; 04-16-2007, 09:24 AM.
    WTB

Lots of good parts FS!

Welcome to my world! Same thing happened to my 318is, so I'm replacing the strut housings. Hopefully someone has a housing for you! Otherwise they pop on Ebay all the time for like $50 each.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I have one for $85 shipped...
      Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
      That Guy.
      03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by ErykTheRead View Post
        So i went to put in my shiny new Bilsteins and I found that one of my strut guards had slid up and has slowly been rusting the strut retaining collar into oblivion over the last who knows how many miles. It is not even recognizable.

If anyone in the boston area has an ABS strut housing I could take off their hands soon, I'd be thrilled. Hit me here or at ebn2@hotmail.com

Thanks!

-E
        If I knew about this last week I would of had one for you. Had my parts car towed away last week.

Jared

Comment

Looks like I found one in Salem. Now I just need it to stop raining so I can go pull it...

-E
          WTB

Lots of good parts FS!

Comment

If you don't wanna bother pulling it I am 98% sure I have one in the garage. I know I sold a passenger side one at some point but I know i've parted more than 2 e30s.

Anyhow, let me know if you want the hub with it or just bare, I gotta bring it to work cuz I think it's still assembled with control arm, spring in place, etc.

if you wanted it I could have it in Cambridge/Somerville area tomorrow waiting for you. If you want the shite on there as spares let me know too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossman View Post
              If you don't wanna bother pulling it I am 98% sure I have one in the garage. I know I sold a passenger side one at some point but I know i've parted more than 2 e30s.

Anyhow, let me know if you want the hub with it or just bare, I gotta bring it to work cuz I think it's still assembled with control arm, spring in place, etc.

if you wanted it I could have it in Cambridge/Somerville area tomorrow waiting for you. If you want the shite on there as spares let me know too.
              YGPM

-E
              WTB

Lots of good parts FS!

Comment

So the one in Salem doesn't have the Bilstien collar. I could get that new, but for the price I could buy a whole second used strut housing.

Anyone have the hookup?

-E
                WTB

Lots of good parts FS!

Comment

Working...
                X