• Show
Clear All

WTB: Z3 1.9L (2.7tltl) steering rack

Mileage, condition, and photo please :)

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

thread moved to correct forum. Noob ;)

Comment

I put it where I put it for a reason. I'd actually like someone to see it... n00b.

Comment

Sorry can't help you on the rack - will be looking for one myself soon enough...

I noticed you have your own little business going and was checking out the photos of your cars. How long ago did you have the '87? Funny - I had a guy try and sell me that same car over the summer when I was trying to find an E30. Seems he couldn't give me any info on the car, told the "I'm in Alaska and I can have the car shipped to you if you put a deposit on it through an escrow company..." line of poo. Did some checking on the so called escrow company "he always used for years" and the website had been created about the time I started contacting him, and got a name an address of someone in AZ that it was registered to. Seems I also seen it for sale in WA - Pretty popular car...

Comment

Jordan,
          I got mine from Mavel Racks for $350 shipped (it may have been $325 now that I think about it) and it came with new tierod ends. I had a regular e36 rack that I got for free then crapped out after 4 months, they took it as a core no problem.
          GL
          Herbert

Ask Rob (SkaFrog) about it, he may remember when it was delivered to the shop.
          bmpr stkr: real racers go left and right... so tru

Comment

Save your money and put some wheels and suspension on that thing :p

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
            1989 325iC M50 Vert
            1989 325i Coupe
            1991 318is
            1995 318ti Club Sport
            2006 330i e90
            2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Originally posted by Herb View Post
              Jordan,
              I got mine from Mavel Racks for $350 shipped (it may have been $325 now that I think about it) and it came with new tierod ends. I had a regular e36 rack that I got for free then crapped out after 4 months, they took it as a core no problem.
              GL
              Herbert

Ask Rob (SkaFrog) about it, he may remember when it was delivered to the shop.
              Maval spray paints the racks some gay gunmetal color. I'm not interested in that. I want a nice original bright cadmium plated one.

Comment

Well, to each their own.
                GL
                Herbert
                bmpr stkr: real racers go left and right... so tru

Comment

The 2.7 rack has a lower turn to locking ratio than the 3.2 rack only because it offers less turning radius but both turn at the same rate.

If you can find one, the 3.0 t2l 95 M3 rack has the same turning radius as the 3.2 but is acually a more responsive steering rack.

I know how you like having the most superior parts and all so I thought I would throw that out there.

Comment

who the fuck keeps spreading this mis information, ive been trying to tell you DBs for years that unless the m3 rack has a greater range of motion then the stock e30 rack, the z3 rack does not have less travel

Comment

I have the Z3 2.8 rack, and I have the same turning radius as before. My tires cannot even go any further in my tirewell. So...I don't think that's right either.
                      - Sean Hayes

Comment

^ ive heard all you have to do is cut off the stops on the 2.7 rack. Dont know if thats true though.

Comment

BUMP. Still need one and my timeline is closing in...

Comment

Bump.. will also consider a 95 M3 rack at this point.

Comment

Dare i say it, and risk being chastised but the all mighty. But may i suggest www.car-part.com and a few phone calls since you are working against a dead line.

Originally posted by vlad
                              Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Working...
                              X