Wanted convertable top parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted convertable top parts

Well since no one has a total manual top conversion I plan on taking all the motors out of the 1992 e30 325ic for the convertable top and looking for some peices I needs...

I am looking for the rear deck lid locking set-up since thats the only stuff ill need to make all this work correctly.

It includes but is not limited to the following things

Rear speaker covers with cut outs for the handles (also need the handles

The cable to unlock the decklid as well as the decklid catches(that are bolted to the body)
    Since I think they are different from the electronic one.

This is really all I can think of that I need and i need it asap so if you have any of these parts please let me know price

Thankyou
    John
    Cars I own:
    325ic '91

John. Does your lid motor raise and lower the lid? If it does, I can tell you how you can go manual without buying anything. As long as it will unlatch and latch you can make it work.
    1. Disconnect and remove both rods from the top drive.
    2. Leave both motors connected electrically in the car.
    3. Remove drive rod for lid.
    4. Use the top down switch to unlatch lid. You only have to hold it in momentarily. Just long enough to unlatch the lid.
    5. Raise the lid manually and use your right shoulder to hold the lid open while you store the top in the compartment.
    6. Manually lower the lid and use the top up switch to lock compartment.

Use the same procedure to raise top manually.
    Be sure to save all the parts in case you ever want to use again.

Again, all motor wires must be connected for the latch/unlatch to work. Good luck.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Well the only problem is before my dad passed away he was trying to get the top to work automaticall again and right now thats what I am trying to figure out is where he left off I can raise and lower the top manually however the metal peice that the latches hook up to is free floating and I am unsure of how to hook that back up again as I dont know what really when on there.....
      Cars I own:
      325ic '91

Comment

Can you post some pics of your problem area? I don't fully understand where your problem is.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

FYI the speaker panels have a pattern on the back for where the handle cutout would normally be. You can just use a dremel to cut out the hole based on the pattern.

Oh, and if your motors are working, put them shizz up on ebay when you dont need them anymore. I got over $500 for the 2 motors and the ECU when I converted mine from power -> manual

Comment

Working...
          X