zf-4hp22 valve body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zf-4hp22 valve body

Hey, I narrowed down my tranny-slipping issue to a broken spring in one of the valve bodies that sit in the bottem of the trans, just inside the pan. I took it apart, found the broken spring, and would just assume replace the whole body, rather than mess with the spring and reassembly!

If anyone has any spare/junk 4hp22s around and don't mind a little challange, I NEED YOUR HELP!

Its the LOWER REAR valve body that I need. After you remove the pan and filter, about ten torx screws hold it in. BEWARE, there is a little ball and a spring/cap that side right above the body, they are easy to misplace (I misplaced mine!), and I need them.

If you're close, I can drive and get the part out myself, and buy you lunch or something. If you want to do it, put it in a box, and ship it, I will pay shipping + $10 for the part. I'm cheap, I know, but I'm broke too and this 325i is my daily! If you need clairification, ask and I will try!

Thanks!
    1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

I will sell you a rebuilt trans for peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by e30this View Post
      I will sell you a rebuilt trans for peanuts.
      how many peanuts?

However, I really wasn't looking forward to dropping the trans...

Comment

pm sent.

Comment

Originally posted by e30this View Post
          pm sent.
          got it, but i'm not taking this shush-box down unless I have a Getrag to replace it with

the valve body is easily replaceable with the trans in the car...

Comment

Hey man, i've got 3 good working auto's here in the garage if you want the valve body off one I can yank one. I was planning on just scrapping them.
            85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
              Hey man, i've got 3 good working auto's here in the garage if you want the valve body off one I can yank one. I was planning on just scrapping them.
              thanks Ely, I would appreciate that! Do I need to better expain the part?

Comment

I doubt it, I won't be able to get one out of a tranny till monday, but I'll let you know when it's out.

Comment

OK, thanks. I may have another lead... I'll know by Monday also.

Comment

I may have one here this afternoon, but in case it doesn't pan out or is just as busted as mine...

does your offer stil stand, Ely? ;)

Comment

Ya, just send me a PM if you'll need one or not, and I'll send one your way. I'm not going to yank it yet, but it dosn't take long to yank one apart.

Comment

OK OK I give...

I will now entertain offers for the entire trans

Comment

Working...
                        X