5Spd Driveshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5Spd Driveshaft

I'm looking for a 5spd driveshaft as close to zip code 11050 as possible. (NY/NJ/CT)

Shipping for a shaft supposedly costs about $25 with UPS Ground.

Who's got one?

This will shipped straight to Precision Shaft Technologies in Clearwater, FL, for the benefit of M20 Turbo community. Mark down at PST is hoping to help us create strengthened Driveshaft options for all the guys turning DS's into twisted soda cans.

Thanks

Rob

^bump^ still looking

Comment

need one in good shape or used with worn out u-joints fine?

Comment

I have an m42 one FS

Comment

Looks like you've picked someone who knows what they're doing.

I've got one that I'll send, if you want.

Make sure he's making them out of CF... an e30 will exceed the critical speed of a one piece steel driveshaft relatively easily.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerpirate View Post
            need one in good shape or used with worn out u-joints fine?
            Worn-out u-joints, worn-out center support bearing and worn out flex disc works great! The parts just need to actually be still in place so all the necessary measurements can be made.

Comment

I did some researching on the differences in 5 Speed driveshafts between the years.

For each model group, the driveshaft is the same for Coupe, Sedan and Convertible. Not sure about touring.

Up to 09/1987, BMW PN 26111225635, Length=1483mm

From 09/1987 to 06/1988, BMW PN 26101226433, L=1483mm

From 06/1988, BMW PN 26101226733, L=1489mm

I have an 89 325i, which I'm assuming has a build date after 06/1988. It would be nice to get an identical shaft to send to PST (also may now instead go to Mark Williams Enterprises in Colorado) so that there is no confusion.

I would like to get the 87 shaft next to the 89 shaft to see if the only difference whatsoever is 6mm in the length of one of the tube sections.

Comment

Hey Matt, I'll PM you about that shaft.

Comment

I have two worn out -09/87 and I think one has everything with it. It's rather hard to get to right now as there is so much junk in my workship right now. lol. if you're still interested, I'll go check to see if one has all the parts.

I'd only want $30+ shipping for it too.

Comment

Working...
                  X