Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OverpaidSlacker View Post
    Kilawin -- Thank you, sir!

doc -- spoke to a prototyping molding place near me that specializes in car/motorcycle stuff, and I'm meeting with the proprietor on Thursday to discuss pricing/logistics. Evidently, the technology for making stuff like this has progressed since last I inquired (or my friend is a dinosaur -- or both).

I'll keep you posted.

JP
    This would be a gift from god.

Comment

Any updates on the meeting?

Comment

Well --
        about $1000 for tooling; more than $100 per pair in materials (not including the metal brackets and hardware which would probably be another $25)... so in order to have any margin, I'd have to charge more than $150 -- probably about $200 per pair.

I don't think the market would support that (nor do a couple of people in the business with whom I've consulted).

The potential good news is that BMW Mobile Traditions is picking up the e30 early next year, so they may decide to produce them. Best suggestion -- write BMW MT and express your enthusiasm and support for the e30 iX and ask that front schmutzfangers be produced again.

Sorry it's not good news, but I did look into it.

JP

Comment

Hey you have anyone that can remake the hardware at least for the fronts?

Comment

Hey JP, im sending you a PM also, but how long are the bolts that hold the mudflaps to the brackets? I have the OE setup for standard mudflaps, but i don't think they will be long enough for the iX since the spacing is different. Any help you could provide would be great!

Comment

Working...
            X