WTB: Fuel pump assembly for '91 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Fuel pump assembly for '91 318is

I believe the 318/325 fuel pumps are the same. I really just need the carrier assembly. If you have a bad pump that's fine as I already have a replacement, I just need the carrier assembly.

I am fairly sure that I have one, although it likely has some rust. But I really came here to suggest buying a the cheapest fuel pump assembly you can find and simply harvesting the carrier. This way you'll have a new carrier and a spare pump for emergency use.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      I am fairly sure that I have one, although it likely has some rust. But I really came here to suggest buying a the cheapest fuel pump assembly you can find and simply harvesting the carrier. This way you'll have a new carrier and a spare pump for emergency use.
      Not a bad idea. I bought a TRE 340 pump. No sense hacking up my working unit, but I'd like to have a spare. Perhaps I'll pick up a cheap unit like you suggested purely for the carrier and install the TRE pump in that. How much rust does your carrier have?

Comment

Never mind, only have a single supply pump from an M40, probably put the M42 unit in a touring and capped the return. IIRC, the two port pump assy was $40.

Comment

Never mind, only have a single supply pump from an M40, probably put the M42 unit in a touring and capped the return. IIRC, the two port pump assy was $40.
          I may be looking at the wrong part then. Aside from URO brand (which I may buy for the carrier), the cheapest I could find was a $270 VDO unit. It's #8 in the diagram, correct? https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=16_0046

Comment

Ought to be. I picked up the cheapest one on Amazon or ebay IIRC.

Comment

Ought to be. I picked up the cheapest one on Amazon or ebay IIRC.
              Got it. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                I believe the 318/325 fuel pumps are the same. I really just need the carrier assembly. If you have a bad pump that's fine as I already have a replacement, I just need the carrier assembly.
                318i carrier is slightly longer Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X