WTB Window Retaining Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Window Retaining Clip

I found this old post about the window retaining clip shearing off.

Mine has done the same unfortunately. I was curious if anyone has access to one or a part #. I believe its aluminum but I wont know for sure till this weekend. The clip just to the left of my hand is the one im referring too in the photo. Thanks in advance.

check realoem.com
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on realoem.com. Unfortunately like other sites I have searched it shows those brackets pre installed on the windows. Seems odd as they appear to shear more often than not. Still looking so any help is appreciated.

Comment

Well I finally got the window out and confirmed the bracket is aluminum. Im going to attempt using some alumiweld/brazing rod to put it back together. But first I need to remove the bracket from the window. It has a plastic clip that will melt with the brazing rod. Ill update my progress. Btw im still looking for a replacement.

Comment

I have had zero luck with a replacement window retaining clip. I did have luck brazing it with a torch and aluminum rod. The part feels solid and is currently working holding my window in the car. I recommend trying it. The trickiest part is removing the clip from the window. BMW used an epoxy to adhere it to the glass. I used a razor blade to chip it away, than a heat gun and vise grips to pull it off. Ill try to get some pictures up if anyones interested. Hope this helps someone out.

Comment

Working...
          X