No announcement yet.

Need A paint job? NO BS 800 FLAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you primer the jambs or just scuff it?

Comment

Originally posted by OBryan562 View Post
      Do you primer the jambs or just scuff it?

depends on the budget of the individual. Usually when i primer the jambs the whole car has been media blasted or dipped in industrial stripping acid.

paint jobs i have done with that type of detail were for cars that were sold at Consignment and auction.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseStacks View Post
        the prices have bumped up 20% on reds/blues/pearls/yellows/greens all variations of black and non pearl white have pretty much stayed the same.

nothing is really that much more worst case scenario youd pay something like 900 tops. i know its not alot but for some people it is.

@RUFFLZ i saw your car at DVC this morning.
        lol really? surprised to see someone else on this board besides me that goes there :)
        which car do u usually drive to school? ill say what's up

Comment

@RUFFLZ sometimes im in my E46, or my RSX or maybe sometimes my e30. lol it just depends but the e30 will stand out the most

Comment

Originally posted by JesseStacks View Post
            @RUFFLZ sometimes im in my E46, or my RSX or maybe sometimes my e30. lol it just depends but the e30 will stand out the most
            how many cars do you have Jesse?!?!

hah I didn't know you went to DVC. no wonder why you're so busy juggling school and a shop.

former DVC student here before transferring too (2005-2007). nice and peaceful school

Comment

lol dude if only people knew how busy i really am haha and running the shop full time.. DVC FTW !!!

Comment

here is some stuff i did back in high school

Comment

oh yea @bmwstephen i told you i have many, but i constantly change cars, i got rid of a few and got some new toys

Comment

lol you must've been really popular with kids back in high-school with POS beaters wanting you to pimp their ride.

how do you do it with changing cars? I seen you put in a lot of dedication and quality workmanship in fixing your cars and in most cases its better than how it looked from the factory. If it were me, it would be heart breaking for me to part ways

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                      lol you must've been really popular with kids back in high-school with POS beaters wanting you to pimp their ride.

how do you do it with changing cars? I seen you put in a lot of dedication and quality workmanship in fixing your cars and in most cases its better than how it looked from the factory. If it were me, it would be heart breaking for me to part ways

lol i was and still am. well i only get attached to certain cars for example the e30 or my Ford, other cars i see as more or less just toys.

Comment

Preview of things to come. Had some free time over the weekend finally and dropped this off for Jesse to work on after he finishes his projects.

Contrary to how my car may look, it's actually a crap shoot waiting to happen. I did the stupid thing of having maaco do it and suffice to say, their production process left some deep pockets, paint adhesion problems and other issues down the line. Now its going in for a complete respray and some rust prevention.

Happy to have met with Jesse again as he went through in detail how he was going to approach this and make it better.
                        Last edited by bmwstephen; 01-30-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

subscribed. I have silver E30 that needs a respray. Seems like this is a good deal.

Comment

Man, I was gonna ask if you did cars other than e30's and then I saw the Charger and Camaro pics. I'm definitely down to drive up there and have you paint my Nova. :D:D:D:D:D
                            Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                            I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                            Originally posted by chadthestampede
                            This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Comment

I messaged you probably last year sometime but never got a response.

I'd like to do my cabrio but I'm wondering if you'd be willing to work on its hard top, too.
                                Or if not, I hear it's a bit of work, then would you message me an estimate for just the cabrio?
                                Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Working...
                                X