Custom made BMW M50 Camshaft Lamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom made BMW M50 Camshaft Lamp

Up for sale is a lamp that I made out of an exhaust camshaft that was removed from an M50TU and a brake rotor that was removed from a BMW E34 525i. The cam and that brake rotor were removed from the same car. The cam is welded to the brake rotor and is very strong. The lamp looks great and functions just as well. The brake rotor has been painted and all of the cam lobes have been polished. A lampshade is not included due to the difficulty of shipping it. The lampshade shown in the pictures is only to give an idea of what the lamp looks like with a lampshade on it. The bottom of the rotor is lined with foam. Price is Price is $220 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 United States. I will ship this anywhere in the lower 48 United States. I'm always willing to consider interesting trades (E30 euro smiley ellipsoids with euro grilles would be good). If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited by bubbajan21; 01-02-2012, 07:03 PM.

free bump for you. GLWS that is an awesome lamp.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. Pictures have been added with a lampshade.

Comment

That is a man cave/shop item only. No self respecting wife of G/F will allow such decor ask me how I know. (my 305 chevy coffee table and working traffic light were the 1st things to go)

Just sayin is all,
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Still for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            That is a man cave/shop item only. No self respecting wife of G/F will allow such decor ask me how I know. (my 305 chevy coffee table and working traffic light were the 1st things to go)

Just sayin is all,
            LOL, my gf was peaking over my shoulder as I'm looking at this, laughed, and said, "If you buy that I'm breaking up with you."
            If my g/f wasn't more important than a lamp I'd buy this... GLWS

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

Just sayin is all,

Well, there goes my idea to make a toilet paper dispenser out of a turbo housing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                LOL, my gf was peaking over my shoulder as I'm looking at this, laughed, and said, "If you buy that I'm breaking up with you."
                If my g/f wasn't more important than a lamp I'd buy this... GLWS
                Haha, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrasky View Post
                  Well, there goes my idea to make a toilet paper dispenser out of a turbo housing.
                  this would be acceptable if you have a URINAL in YOUR bathroom. That is the only way I see this working.

Someday if I get build my own house I will have a Urinal in my house somewhere
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

dope man cave piece

Comment

Lol, I have a lamp made out of a e30 crank shaft and an e36 flywheel for the base base.
                      Originally posted by cabriodster87
                      "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
                      Originally posted by Kershaw
                      i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

I'm building one of these as I write this...nicely done!
                        '88 327is - Alpinweiß/Black
                        '98 V70 AWD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx0TorGVg2U)

Comment

I'm curious, was there a hole through the center of the cam to begin with?

Comment

This is awesome!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Price has been lowered.

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                              I'm curious, was there a hole through the center of the cam to begin with?
                              Yes, M50 cams are hollow (except Vanos Cams).
                              Last edited by bubbajan21; 10-20-2011, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X