- corvette camel hump heads
    - 2 Brrl carb

500. picked up

call txt

818625 9951
    Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_
    HONDA IS WHERE EVERY TREND DIES! .

24v swap Oil Pan..F/S

With the heads, this is a deal. Fuelies are close to 5 bills in good shape.
    sigpic
    Reich und Roll!

Comment

If those are real Camel backs why were they put on??? All they would do is lower the compression ratio a good bit with the 60-65cc chambers on a small bore engine. Now if this is a mid 80's HO 305 they prolly have a smaller camel back design (IIRC should have 416 for a casting number) and something like a 58cc Chamber . I assume this is the case since its electronic but yet it only has a 2bbl, odd. If this is also the case they are NOT Corvette Fuelie heads and again IIRC not compatable with anything other than the 305 and maybe the 307
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        If those are real Camel backs why were they put on??? All they would do is lower the compression ratio a good bit with the 60-65cc chambers on a small bore engine. Now if this is a mid 80's HO 305 they prolly have a smaller camel back design (IIRC should have 416 for a casting number) and something like a 58cc Chamber . I assume this is the case since its electronic but yet it only has a 2bbl, odd. If this is also the case they are NOT Corvette Fuelie heads and again IIRC not compatable with anything other than the 305 and maybe the 307

i didnt put this engine together, someone else did. the guy who put this motor together didnt know to much about what he was doing (if you saw the car u would know) . the motor isnt a mid 80's engine, its a 78/79 motor. im going to pull the valve covers off to get the casting number

24v swap Oil Pan..F/S

Comment

The 416 305 specific heads were built from 82ish -86 or 87 IIRC so its still possible... But yeah if this is the case they you may have your self a set of actual Camel backs, which is a piss poor head choice on a 305 lol. They are worth close to what you are asking for the whole deal if they are not to badly warped or destroyed.....

Not trying to crap on your thread just trying to help ya figure out what you actually have and it might be more beneficial to try and part the motor out, though 305's are not that popular to do much with anymore, they were kinda a turd.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Baby Jesus just shined down on me.

they are 327 covette heads, number 3782461 61-68 and these are from dec (L) 14th (14) 64(4)

they also appear to be rebuilt or refreshed at somepoint
            Last edited by KillaCam; 05-07-2014, 06:32 PM.

24v swap Oil Pan..F/S

Comment

sigpic
              Reich und Roll!

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCam View Post
                Baby Jesus just shined down on me.

they are 327 covette heads, number 3782461 61-68 and these are from dec (L) 14th (14) 64(4)

they also appear to be rebuilt or refreshed at somepoint
                sell them and try and get rid of the short block for 100 bucks or take it to the scrap yard, the heads are where your money is at on that deal. I bet that engine was a turd even for a 305

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  sell them and try and get rid of the short block for 100 bucks or take it to the scrap yard, the heads are where your money is at on that deal. I bet that engine was a turd even for a 305
                  ya, the engine is what is killing the deal. if i cant sell it in the next few weeks, im going to rip it apart.

can u bore out a 305 to a 350?. ( i am not a expert on American motor) i have like 3 sets of 8 pistons, heads and other random crap that a friend is throwing away from motors hes ripped apart and never put back together

24v swap Oil Pan..F/S

Comment

Nope 305 and 307 were pretty much their own beast, I dont remember just what the deal is but I think the deck heights were differant and something to do with crank spacing

William Pitt-

Comment

mrsleeve is right about the heads. Take 'em off and sell them on Chevytalk or any number of other such forums. They'll love 'em. Put the trans on Craigs, and scrap the rest.

Now for the pedantic stuff that I really ought to avoid, but can't help myself:

Double humps don't flow worth a damn compared to modern aftermarket SBC heads. The strictly for the resto crowd. (or street racers if you want to pay BIG bucks for a high quality shop to do a LOT of work on them)

All SBC's have the same deck height. The 305 and 307 have smaller bores, which means that heads with 2.02 and larger intake valves don't work as well as they should. "Shrouding of the intake valve" is the usual explanation. Both the 305 and 307 were smog era engines that were never available with any power (although the 305 TPI wasn't all that bad in its time). Also, 307's had low nickel blocks that wore fast.
                      Last edited by Steveb68; 05-10-2014, 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

^

There was something very different about the 305 and 307 that didnt allow for the interchangeability of lower end parts from the more traditional mouse motor. I dont remember just what and was thinking it was deck height, if that is incorrect it is, but there is a major difference other than being a small bore motor.

William Pitt-

Comment

post the heads on racingjunk.com. you'll easily get your full asking price.

I have a set of 291's that i'm about to list.
                          '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Working...
                          X