Black Fab and Metal Open to r3v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Fab and Metal Open to r3v

Hey all I have come to the conclusion I would like to offer my skills to everyone here if you need it. I am a combo welder and have been welding for 20+ years and specialize in all metals plus titanium, chromium and aluminums types. At this time if anyone needs something welded and your local guy is trying to kill you just give me a holler or PM and I will let you know what it would cost. The more accurate your description the more accurate my price. If it's metal and broke I can most likely fix it.

I also have some goodies in the R&D right now (my car lol). I have made an 8" shifter handle out of billet 6061 round stock with a T6 hardness that is currently being tested for reliability. It puts your right hand in very close relation to the steering wheel and you could find it in your sleep. I also have an aluminum T4 hardness battery box in the works that will let you retain the stock plastic cover. It will be tig welded.

Keep in mind I do everything by hand and do not have a cnc so everything is built on an "old school" lathe and mill. So you will be getting a 100% hand made product.

As soon as I think the shifter handle will be good to go and I have a solid piece that looks the way I want I will take picks and offer them here. Right now the handle is looking to be in the $50-$65 range for r3v and I will prob ask $100 for it everywhere else if I go that far with it.

Don't be afraid to give me a yell and I will always try to build what you want.
    Last edited by Bullhead; 10-19-2014, 11:07 PM.
    sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Post a picture of the shifter when you get a chance, that would be great to see.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
      Post a picture of the shifter when you get a chance, that would be great to see.
      I have the basic design down and it functions great, but I would like to get the mounting block a little bit more machined looking. The design is super solid and prob way overkill, but I like overkill on some things.

Comment

I just finished a drawing and mock up of some rear shock mount tabs for the trunk side as well. These will also be in 6061 Aluminum with a T6 hardness. But I don't know if this will be feasible sense some guys here already sell the steel units, let me know if anyone would be interested.

Comment

fab up a heater core. It's NLA and we could use one.

Comment

Teach me how to weld, machine, and fabricate please!

E30 M30 B35 Swap Mounts!
            http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/e3...=5475809a87e04

Comment

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
              fab up a heater core. It's NLA and we could use one.
              I could do it, but it would be labor intensive as crap sense I'm a hands on with no assembly line guy lol. I will look into though and see what materials would cost me.
              Originally posted by mohamed... View Post
              Teach me how to weld, machine, and fabricate please!
              I can sir just come this way lol.
              I think I may be very close on the shifter, it is going to be a race or rally type deal that will securely fasten to your existing stock or ebay shifter. It will show a couple tig welds cause there cool dangit and it shows hand made goodness.

Comment

Working...
              X