Satin black powdercoated Bottlecaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satin black powdercoated Bottlecaps

Trying to clean out the garage and will not be using these anymore. I have (4), all powder coated Satin Black BK08, in great shape with NO curb rash. Tires are worn out. What are they worth ? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9273.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	10118007
    Scott
    Hotrodspdx
    87 325e

Hard to say. When I bought new 14” basket weave wheels from my local BMW dealer in 2017 (along with new 14” Vredestein tires) I let them dispose of the old bottlecaps, as I considered them to be virtually worthless. However, they were not in good condition and many E30 parts have either gone NLA or the price has significantly increased since then. According to realoem.com, 14” bottle cap wheels have been NLA since 4/22/16.

Comment

You really need to find the right buyer -- someone who's partial to bottlecaps, likes the black look, and doesn't mind the very limited selection of decent tires. I can see someone using these as AX wheels with 195/60-14 Falken Azenis, but that's about it. Another use, frankly more realistic, even with worn tires, is to use them for winter storage. Satin Black powdercoat is the way to go, my friend just did that with his 318ti 5-spoke wheels, and they look great. But the wheels themselves... FWIW, a salvage yard would give you $10/bottlecap -- provided the tire is dismounted and valve stem and balance weights removed. You can ask $100 and see if anyone bites.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback, pretty much what I had anticipated ;) Much appreciated.
        Scott
        Hotrodspdx
        87 325e

Comment

Working...
        X