18" Refinished Staggered Style 5's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18" Refinished Staggered Style 5's

These wheels were completely disassembled for refinishing. The lips were stripped, sanded, and polished to a nice luster. Centers were cleaned, sanded, and repainted with the caps. All original hardware was in excellent condition so it was sent out for a fresh plating of OE silver zinc. Wheels reassembled with blue loctite and torqued to BBS specs.

Never mounted on a vehicle since completion.

These are not 17" E39 style 5's. They were removed from a E38 750iL and as such have the normal center bore of 72.56mm. Will fit pretty much any 5lug BMW except E39.

Would fit straight and look sick on a E30 M3, E31, E32, E34, E38, E46 M3, and others. Can fit 5lug'd non-M e30's depeneding on your setup, and will fit E36/E46 with stretched rubber if that's your thing.

Fronts are 18x8 ET20
    Rears are 18x9 ET22

Overall shot:

Backsides (left are rear, right are front)
    -

Center stampings
    -

Also... a somewhat unique addition.. how about a 720P HD video of the wheels?
    Set of staggered 18" OE BMW Style 5's I refinished.

These wheels are nothing short of beautiful, and a good deal of money was spent on refinishing them to their current condition. Despite the refinishing work please note that these are 15 year old wheels. They are not without small imperfections. None of which shows up in photos. None of which anyone is going to notice on your car. Nothing significant what so ever, but in the interest of being realistic I want to make that clear.

Asking price is $2100 shipped to the continental US, and I am open to offers within reason.

Nice looking set of wheels!! Were these professionally done? Are the barrels cleared or raw? Location?
    [I

Comment

I did the bulk of the refinish work myself. I had a friend who is a painter shoot the centers after hours, and a local plating company acid strip and re plate the hardware. Everything else is my work.

The barrels are raw.

Houston, TX.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply - I just realized I am following these wheels on another board.
        [I

Comment

you owe me a new pair of shorts
          sigpic
          1991 325iC w/ 75k Original Miles, Brillantrot, 5-speed, 16" BBS RX's, Black Leather Sport Heated Seats, LSD, and Diving Boards for life!!!:D

Comment

Thank you to everyone that showed interest. At this time the wheels listed for sale in this posting are bought and paid for.

In other words... WHEELS DONE BEEN SOLD MAAAAN.

Comment

these are so nice... and RARE. i have a set on my E39 (yes. i had the centers bored out)

i think you sold them too cheap.
              Originally posted by Holland
              There should be a restraining order to keep kids 100 feet from that car at all times. Plus execution on the sight to anyone who places a shopping cart within 200 feet of the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by E30FTW View Post

These are not 17" E39 style 5's. They were removed from a E38 750iL and as such have the normal center bore of 72.56mm. Will fit pretty much any 5lug BMW except E39.
                This makes me mad....maybe I can machine the hubs on the touring? Super sexy wheels, GLWS!

Every day I wake up we drink a lot of coffee and watch the CNN
                Every day I wake up to a bowl of clover honey and let the locusts fly in.
                Lobsterbacks attack the town again
                Wrap all my things in aluminum
                Beams of darkness streak across the sky
                Pink rays from the ancient satellite
                Every time I look out my window same three dogs looking back at me.
                Every time I open my windows cranes fly in to terrorize me.

Comment

Originally posted by e30frosh View Post
                  This makes me mad....maybe I can machine the hubs on the touring? Super sexy wheels, GLWS!
                  just machine the centerbore out a bit on E38 wheels to fit an E39... i had a set just like these done for 125 bucks.
                  Originally posted by Holland
                  There should be a restraining order to keep kids 100 feet from that car at all times. Plus execution on the sight to anyone who places a shopping cart within 200 feet of the thing.

Comment

My 18" staggered 5's were machined out too, bought them from an E39 owner. I'm actually using metal rings to mount them on my cars.

Comment

these are the shizzzzzz.thanks for the lead where it came from (E38 750il)!!!
                      1991 325i coupe
                      1992 318i conv
                      2002 540i sedan
                      sigpic

What did the e30 owner say to the other e30 owner? LOOKING GOOD!

Comment

Working...
                      X