Announcement

Collapse

Classified Forums - Read this first!

Here are a few simple guidelines for this forum. Failure to follow any of these rules will be grounds for your thread to be closed.

Post your information
Post as much info as you can. Say where you are located, where the part is located, the best way to get in contact with you, if you are willing to ship, etc.

Post the item's information
Post as much info as you can. A price must be posted, as well as pictures of the item(s). Post as many pictures as you can, even if it is a common item. A picture tells a thousand words, but it can also conceal another thousand. Links to hosted galleries of images are acceptable, links to eBay and/or Craigslist are not. Once the item sells, please do not edit your ad to remove the price. Many people search through old ads to get an idea what their item may be worth.

If listing a car, post:
-The year and model
-An accurate mileage. If the odometer is broken, post what it reads currently and how many miles you believe it has
-Any aftermarket modifications
-Any known issues or damaged areas
-A price
-As many pictures as possible of every area

If listing wheels and/or tires, post:
-The brand and model
-As many specs as you can, including but not limited to tire size, tread remaining, wheel diameter, width, offset, bolt pattern and centerbore, if multi-piece the lip, barrel and center size. If they have been redrilled post the original bolt pattern and where it was done.
-Any imperfections, including but not limited to curb rash, bends, cracks, repaired areas, scratches. For tires, note any gashes, bubbles, cupping or curb rash
-A price
-As many pictures as possible of every wheel

If listing parts, post:
-What brand and what models it can be used on
-An accurate description
-How long it/they have been used for
-Any imperfections
-A price

For miscellaneous items, post:
-A detailed description of the item
-How long it/they were used for
-Any imperfections
-A price

For WTB threads
-Be as detailed as possible.
-List exactly what you want, what variations you will accept, colors or materials, etc.
-Post what you won't accept. This includes imperfections, colors, models, etc.
-Post a price range of what you are willing to pay (typically based on condition).
-Post where you are located and if you would prefer local pickup.

In case the point was not made, everything being sold on this forum must include a price and as many pictures as possible.
-This is not eBay or Craigslist (or any other buy/sell/trade site). Do not post links to those for your ad. The same goes for linking to ads on other forums... either post your information here or have your thread closed.
-Feeler threads are not allowed. If you're not sure about selling it, don't post it.
-Cross-posting within the R3VLimited forum is not allowed. Choose a single subforum for your ad.
-If listing your item for trade, post what you are looking for, what you feel your item is worth, if you would like cash back or if you have cash to put on top.
-Thread crapping is not allowed. If you're not interested in purchasing the item for sale or have nothing positive to add, stay out of the thread or be prepared for a time out. If you complain about the time out, it will be extended.
-Threads can be bumped a maximum of once per day (24h). You are allowed to respond to others more than once a day.
-If listing multiple items, post them in one thread. Exceptions are cars and wheels.
See more
See less

SPECIAL DEALS! Motorsport Hardware *R3V SALE!* Wheel Stud kits, Spacers, & More.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast shipping, and well packaged! Everything is quality looking.

The only tools needed:

Great product, great seller, great price! I'm sure half of r3v will be rocking these within a year, there is no reason not to invest in these.

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
    ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
    Originally posted by JakeP
    with a coathanger

Comment

enigmaticdream, jasonsnoddy,Thanks for the great review guys! Your cars look very really good!

Originally posted by schtozo View Post
      Ok, i have a question is this conversion safe? I mean, i always imagine like if nothing is holding the stud from inside it will come loose at some point even with loctite. And when need to remove the wheel for any reason, i imagine that the stud will unscrew from its place. Pls let me know sbout my concerns ryan, im tempted to do the conversion but dont feel like its safe.
      Stud conversions are quite common, especially in the racing world. I track my car heavily. As a matter of fact here is my car ready for this weekends track event. All my cars have run studs and have never had a problem with them at all.

They are very safe. You even torque them to the same 80-85ft/lbs as you would your stock bolts. Care for the studs are just like your stock bolts, you check and re-torque them every once in a while.

It is always good practice to replace your studs every few years if you track the car heavily, but then again you would do the same if you tracked with lug bolts.

If they back out when you loosen your wheels then its because you either didn't use loctite or didn't use enough. Even if they do they back out then you can always apply loctite and screw them back in. To really get them to stay in there, some people use red lock tight but when its time to change them out they have to use the double nut trick and/or even use heat to get them out which is a major PITA.

When you play with your wheels and tires all the time, its best to have studs because it helps you align the wheels and hang them easily and if you happen to ruin the threads on the stud, you just replace the stud versus replacing the whole wheel hub if you screw up the thread with a bolt. This happened to me when I first got my 96 m3, after that, it was studs all the way! Let me know if you have any other concerns
      95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
      Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
      LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by rightcoastbias View Post
        thanks for the help.

I ordered 80mm studs for use with 20mm spacer and iX weaves. My weaves have a hub thickness of 10mm. I could have used 57mm studs, but I want extra thread.

I will be posting a review when they arrive.:D
        My Mini-Review:
        My 80mm studs arrived Thursday, three days after they were shipped. Nicely packaged and super clean. :up:

I was immediately surprised by how smoothly the nuts threaded onto the studs. I take this as an indication of good quality.

Installation:
        I applied Blue Loctite (Medium Strength) to each stud immediately before threading them in. The 80mm studs do not have a HEX/Allen insert. For this reason, I used a 3/8" torque wrench and double nut technique to bring each stud to 10ft/lbs. When working with studs, it is useful to remember impulse momentum and mass: quick taps will drive the nut, while slow application of force will drive the stud.

Boy! It is wonderful throwing the 20mm hubcentric spacers (not pictured) onto the studs and easily aligning the wheel.

These are Castro's 80mm studs used with 20mm spacers and iX 15" weaves. As I expected, the center caps do not fit, but that is the trade off for having lots of thread. The caps may fit if 3-5mm were grind off the stud.

Thanks again. :up:

Edit: If anyone is wondering, the nuts are approx 26mm from tip to tail. My nuts appear to be the same as others pictured in this thread.
        Last edited by rightcoastbias; 05-13-2011, 07:34 AM.

M52B28 OBD1 - G240 - S4.10
        Stuff for Sale: 24v swap parts

Comment

Any luck on the pricing for the black set of 80mm studs w/o the need of a 5mm spacer

Comment

I can get the black 75mm studs without the spacer but that is about a month out because they need extra machining. I can get matching black nuts for any of the black zinc studs that I have but they are an extra cost. I posted up the pricing for the matching bolts on my first post.

let me know if you have any other questions.
            95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
            Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by enigmaticdream View Post
              REVIEW

Package:
              I order the 57mm stud kit. The studs came in a USPS fixed rate box. Inside the box were two bags. One containing the studs and the other containing the stud nuts. Everything looked strong and error free.
              http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmstuds026.jpg

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmstuds029.jpg

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmstuds020.jpg

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmstuds014.jpg

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmstuds015.jpg

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmstuds002.jpg

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmstuds004.jpg

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmstuds012.jpg

Installation is a breeze. If you can't take wheels off and put them back on...step away. Pictures below show the kit running with 15mm spacers.
              http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmstuds032.jpg

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmstuds033.jpg

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmstuds034.jpg

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmstuds040.jpg

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmstuds036.jpg

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmstuds043.jpg

I haven't done the front wheels yet. I need to test to make sure the studs still work with a different offset than my rears. I'll do a test drive tomorrow, but I can't imagine anything going wrong. Everything fit perfectly and I'm hoping to get some for my M3 down the road.
              John, how many threads is that nut catching? Just concerned because I couldn't really see the stud peeking through the nut.

Kaliboy, whats a safe number? Just curious.

Need OE BMW or Aftermarket Parts? Shoot me a PM! | Leave me feedback here
              (631) 393 0334 | info@omgmotorworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                John, how many threads is that nut catching? Just concerned because I couldn't really see the stud peeking through the nut.

Kaliboy, whats a safe number? Just curious.
                It was over 7 full turns prior to torquing. I believe the safe level is 6.5 full turns.
                1986 911 Supercharged Frakenstrat/Stripped
                1987 325is Delphin/Black (Olga)
                1988 M3 Zinno/Natur (Elsa)

Manual or STFU

E30 Chapter of BMW Car Club of America
                E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

Originally posted by enigmaticdream View Post
                  It was over 7 full turns prior to torquing. I believe the safe level is 6.5 full turns.
                  Ah okay, just making sure :)

Need OE BMW or Aftermarket Parts? Shoot me a PM! | Leave me feedback here
                  (631) 393 0334 | info@omgmotorworks.com

Comment

Post Bimmerfest sale $5 off any kit!!! Sale ends 5/27
                    95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

morning bump
                      95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

Installed my set of 57mm studs in the front and 80mm studs in the rear.

Ryan was a HUGE help in this process. I had many questions/problems and he was more then willing to help me. Ryan has gone above and beyond anything i would of expected as a seller on r3v, let alone the internet. I will not hesitate to buy another product from Ryan if and when i need more studs or anything product he intends to sell in the future.

A++++++ seller

PICS:

57mm studs w/ locking lugs

80mm studs

15mm spacer
                        Last edited by Hick; 05-16-2011, 08:11 PM.

Originally posted by vlad
                        Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Thanks for the review Joe!
                          95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

ttt
                            95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

morning bump! get your orders in so I can ship them all out by this friday!
                              95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

sunday bump
                                95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

Working...
                                X