Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to break the BBS RS mould? How about Some 80's NAPRE Japan Real 3 piece 16x7.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to break the BBS RS mould? How about Some 80's NAPRE Japan Real 3 piece 16x7.5

If you want to stand out from the BBS RS crowd and run a vintage 80's wheel mix it up with these rare beauties. They are a very popular Japanese Design similar to a work meister or SSR but with covered lugs.

These Napre wheels style A.R.E. and are real aluminum 3 piece wheels manufactured in Japan during the 80's. To my knowledge napre wheels have been out of production for years and years. They were run on an e28 (e28 fitment) from the 80's till recently.

16"x7.5" which is perfect for a 205 45 series tire with square shoulders
    5x120 because these are covered lugs you can fill and redrill these to 4x100 with ease
    72.5mm centerbore
    ~et17 (there is 10-15mm of material that can be shaved to rase the et to around et30)
    2" Aluminum 32 bolt Lips use BBS RS bolts
    If you want more lip there are several companies that will make you new lips

These wheels are in original unrestored condition with the original clear coat on lips and centers
    There are no bends cracks or major imperfections to note. I had the wheel shop spin these without balancing weights to check for out of round etc. and they spun well.
    All 4 screw on type center caps are present with roundel centers
    No Curbing just a minor scuff in a couple spots that will polish out
    Honestly if you polished the nuts stripped the clear coat and polished these out they will look amazing.

I have never seen another set of these wheels for sale and the fine folks over on Wheel Whores was unable to identify them thus vouching for their rarity.

Sold/traded for alpinas . I feel the pricing is fair for a set very rare 3pc vintage wheels in good shape but since they are never listed for sale there is not an established president for pricing. I'm setting my pricing significantly under a set of 16" rs in similar unrestored condition.

Trades for 5 lug swap parts or wheels considered

Please include a PHONE NUMBER in your PM's as I prefer to do business over the phone.

(Yes this in my backyard)

Wheel 1

Wheel 2

Wheel 3

Wheel 4

Yup real 3pc

Centercap and view of centers and lug holes

Close up of spoke profile and clear coat

Back View

Parting Shot
    Last edited by Wild Ride; 07-07-2012, 12:58 AM.

Any good trade offers in 4x100? Cash works too

Comment

ET updated

Comment

Too bad I'm in Canada. And my budget for wheels is a little lower.
        REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

Keep saving those pennies

Comment

I had a 4 bolt set of these, Awesome look and great fitting wheels for E30. GLWS

Comment

God I love these! Haha, it would have been funny if i was rowing in the background your shots :D
              GLWS!

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

doesent a.r.e = american racing engineering

Comment

After doing some research and digging these are actually Napre wheels. The model is A.R.E. from what I understand.

Comment

Wow I have tried to do all kinds of digging to find out the manufacture. They are not american race engineering wheels as they are stamped made in japan. Searching google pictures "napre" does yield pictures of these exact wheels so they are indeed Napre wheels. OP and title updated. Thank you!
                    Last edited by Wild Ride; 04-21-2012, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenVert View Post
                      I had a 4 bolt set of these, Awesome look and great fitting wheels for E30. GLWS

This picture is almost giving me second thoughts......

Comment

I have a 4 bolt set of these as well and they are not made by American Racing and are made in Japan, but people won't believe that.

I really like your center cap setup too.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Nice Pics MC!

Comment

Shoot me some offers

Comment

Still available to the right buyer

Comment

Working...
                              X