• Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Refinished, Staggered M-Systems w/ Turbine Covers

What they are.
    17x8 et20 and 17x9 et22 (Euro E34 M5 fitment) M-System 1 Wheels

(2) 17x8 wheels
    (2) 17x9 wheels
    (4) complete turbine covers, including all mounting hardware, the black fins that sandwich between the covers and the wheels, brand new BMW logos, etc. (2 right side specific covers and 2 left side specific covers)

TIRES ARE NOT INCLUDED.

The details.
    I've had these wheels for about 2 years now, but they were just refinished this summer. They've been on my car for about 6 weeks and have less than 1,000 miles on them.

They were sandblasted and repainted OEM silver (including wheel faces) with automotive paint and clear. They are 100% complete and functional with no bends or flat spots, and they balanced out perfectly.

The wheels were shipped to me from Germany; the staggered setup with the higher offsets (as opposed to 8-series fitment with lower offsets) was never offered on a North American-spec M5, they were Euro-only.

Details, continued.
    This is not a 100% perfectly restored set of show wheels. They had Throwing Star covers on them when I received them, and the covers dug into the face of the wheels a bit and left some minor pitting, as seen in the picture.

I suspect they may have been used as track wheels at some point in their lives, judging by the amount of baked on brake dust, etc. when I first received them. The wheels were sandblasted prior to paint, which left some minor imperfections in the finish that were painted over. I opted not to use filler or grind the spots out for a couple main reasons:

- Making them show wheels went against their BMW Motorsport (and my own) intended functionality.

- I wanted to be sure they still balanced properly.

Here are a few detail shots to give you an idea of the blemishes, overall I'd call them a very clean set of driver's wheels that look pretty much perfect from 2 feet away.

Also, note that one of the front wheels is cast, as opposed to both rear wheels and the other front wheel, which are forged. All wheels balanced out perfectly and the car drove fine, there was no discernible difference.

Some mounted pictures.

The bottom line.
    This is a fairly rare and desirable set of wheels as they sit. It took me quite some time to find a set for sale that I could have shipped here. Then I had to source all the individual pieces for the turbine covers to make them 100% complete, sandblast them, get them painted, etc.

Your options for finding a similar, staggered setup are to either 1) find someone else who has already done the legwork to get them stateside and convince them to sell to you or 2) find someone in Germany willing to help you source a set and have them shipped over.

As I mentioned before, the tires are not included and are not for sale. I am willing to sell the covers separately or together with the wheels, although I'd prefer to sell everything together.

SOLD
    Last edited by 8380 Labs; 12-01-2013, 08:56 AM.
    8380 Laboratories
    M3 Champs Poster

What size adapters are you running

Comment

was running 18mm all around in the pictures.
      8380 Laboratories
      M3 Champs Poster

Comment

So awesome! Glws

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

thanks!
          8380 Laboratories
          M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Will include the adapters in that price?

Comment

PM sent.
              8380 Laboratories
              M3 Champs Poster

Comment

up
                8380 Laboratories
                M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Those look amazing!

Comment

I didn't know cast versions of these existed. I thought the draw of them was that they were forged.

Comment

bump
                      8380 Laboratories
                      M3 Champs Poster

Comment

8380 Laboratories
                        M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Awesome! Interested in the covers If you sell the wheels without them. :)
                          Great guy here ppl. Buy with confidence!!!
                          Work We Do
                          CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
                          http://www.catuned.com

Comment

thanks igor. :)
                            8380 Laboratories
                            M3 Champs Poster

Comment

8380 Laboratories
                              M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Working...