16" rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles

i was on 16x7.5 et 20!! and was two inches lower in the back than my current ride height and the fender lip was only a little flattened.

Moral of teh storee Scott

rock some 205-50-16s and if the 5mm of more clearance doesn't allow you rub free pleasure... flatten the lip in a little

discount tire still has free shipping. $300 for g-force sports or ziex 512s... your pick. (if you don't find used before you want to roll)
    Last edited by rwh11385; 03-10-2006, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
      you waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles

i was on 16x7.5 et 20!! and was two inches lower in the back than my current ride height and the fender lip was only a little flattened.

Moral of teh storee Scott

rock some 205-50-16s and if the 5mm of more clearance doesn't allow you rub free pleasure... flatten the lip in a little

discount tire still has free shipping. $300 for g-force sports or ziex 512s... your pick. (if you don't find used before you want to roll)
      $300 shipped for g-force sports? fuck. I really could use those. Where's the link bra?

Comment

what are you? lazy or just plain stupid, lol.

discount tire's website is http://www.discounttiredirect.com/

or if you really want to save time: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...43&rd=16&ar=50

Total (no stems or replacement certificates): $296.00

Comment

im running falken fk-451 205/50/16F, 225/45/16R. the tires have tread like es-100, but are pretty good price. i got my set for $330. my car is lowered about 2" and no rubbing issues at all.
          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

what are you? lazy or just plain stupid, lol.

discount tire's website is http://www.discounttiredirect.com/

or if you really want to save time: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...43&rd=16&ar=50

Total (no stems or replacement certificates): $296.00
            lazy? no. Stupid? no.

Just cheap - aka, I've NEVER bought a new set of tires, except for one set of yoko's when I owned a 95 eclipse. Other than that - ALL used.

Thanks for the link. I guess I should just throw down and buy them. I'll still be at under $600 for wheels and tires shipped to my door...

Comment

i thought everyone knew what discount tire's website was. you're lucky i was so nice to inform you... ;)

def. i enjoyed snagging a deal on hankook w404s with free shipping. worked out better than all the used tires i've came across (improper size... questionable performance)

Comment

I wonder how much more it'd be for 225's, and if I'd have clearance issues...

Comment

i editted it out from a prior post since i didn't think you were considering, but 225s hold little marginal benefit for you, yet will cost more and enter into more complications

i'd pass

Comment

i editted it out from a prior post since i didn't think you were considering, but 225s hold little marginal benefit for you, yet will cost more and enter into more complications

i'd pass
                    makes sense. I just always see people complain about not getting large enough, or "man-sized" meat - and 225's were the way to go. I figure these are going to last me at least two summers, so I wanted to grab the right set the first time.

I'm pretty sure you're right though - 205's should be fine. I really like the cert. of replacement too - talk about insurance.

Comment

i thought everyone knew what discount tire's website was. you're lucky i was so nice to inform you... ;)

def. i enjoyed snagging a deal on hankook w404s with free shipping. worked out better than all the used tires i've came across (improper size... questionable performance)
                      I was very lucky - I would have probably paid more and bought locally.

I haven't had a matched set of tires since that eclipse. Suckage.

Should I look at a different tire? Langsten said he loves the g-forces.

Comment

i might be buying a set. who knows. TJ likes em

don't look particularly wimpy to me. 205-50-15 on a 7.5" wheel, on top of a 205-60-15 tire on a 7" wheel.

and considering the perspective, can you really tell that big of difference between 225 R compounds (which run uber wide) and the 205s?

Comment

Good point - those look fine to me :up:

Time to come up with $300.

Then again, it'll be a few weeks before the wheels come...

Comment

Working...
                          X