15"x9" Widened Steelies(4x100)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoCal Life View Post
    Will these work with an e30? I've been really looking into get a set of widened steelies, but I've been told that if they are not hubcentric, they will vibrate to much.

You should put them on your car, this way we can guesstimate the offset or at least see how they look on an e30. Then you could also tell us if them vibrate. Just an idea.
    There's a good possibility that I will drive out to Tacoma either tomorrow or later this week to test fit them... If they don't sell by early next month, I'm buying them off him.

Comment

according my calculations, *IF* these wheels were widened by only adding material to the outside (+3" lip) the offset will be et03. You should be more concerned about what the backspacing is, as these will still have the same backspacing as the original vw wheels, and I don't think vw wheels will fit an e30 without a 5-8mm spacer up front. could be wrong though, as I have not tried fitting this style of wheels on my car. I would say they might fit, but definately will with at least a thin spacer. VWs are hubcentric as well at the same 57.1 mm hub size as the e30, so that is a good thing. hope this helps

Comment

Yeah, I'll look into that tomorrow if I make it out there... I haven't seen the wheels since before he bought them when they belonged to the previous owner... And then I didn't pay all that much attention to them. I think that they were made by cutting the centers out of the old wheels, and welding them into completely new barrels... I could be wrong though, so don't quote me on that.

Comment

diamond racing wheels are lug-centric, VW steelies are hub-centric, big difference.

Comment

If a wheel is made properly, lug centric is perfectly fine and will not cause vibration.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

they do offer hubcentric as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ZiMMie
                i aint got a problem with reading.
                i think u do.

Anyone who spend that much money on Steelies aint on thier right mind.
                Ill rather have my post deleted after having members read it.
                Pull the same shit again, and you'll have a problem reading the entire forum, because your smartass posts won't be the only things that get deleted.

Comment

The wheels SOLD today. Thanks everyone for the interest.
                  Last edited by wRek; 01-07-2007, 10:17 PM.

Comment

?

i know dead post but..... how would i go about getting some made from e30 steelies, cant be too much and i dont wanna fork out 600+ for diamond racing. would i take the steelie to machine shop to have it done or what?
                    " I'm not racing, I'm driving asshole"

:hitler: Das Führer

Comment

Originally posted by blacked_e30 View Post
                      i know dead post but..... how would i go about getting some made from e30 steelies, cant be too much and i dont wanna fork out 600+ for diamond racing. would i take the steelie to machine shop to have it done or what?
                      Are you fucking kidding me? We have a wheel and tire section you broke ass kid. P.S. 600 for a set of wheels is cheap
                      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

its not that im broke, i can "afford" them but i dont see the purpose of paying 600+ for damn steel wheels all i asked is a question and this is the wheel and tire section dude chill out.

Comment

disregard that haha answered my question in the actual wheel/tire section haha sorry for the douche response :)

Comment

Working...
                          X