No announcement yet.

Ronal LS 16X8-9,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mel told me that a die costs $20k to make a new size wheels. I was asking if he could have a set of 16x9 Alpinas made with a deep lip. So I dont really see this coming true unless infact we get 25 people to sign up. But if they end up making 16x9s with a nice lip for around $1k, Im in.
    Originally posted by blunt
    i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

$20k would be a decent price for a mould. Figure out the R&D too. But at only $20k, it still means the company must make $20k profit to cover their expense.

$100 profit per set is a usual target. So, 200 sets must be sold before the supplier starts making $$$... Even if doubling the potential profit to $200, it still will take 100 pre-paid orders.

Lee
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

im in for sure.
        1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
        1987 e30 325 eta
        1983 e28 533
        2001 x5 4.4l
        1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
        1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

All you guys that are saying "I'm in", and "I have the money ready" are cracking me up. This isn't going to happen. You're not the first ones that have proposed this.

Comment

I dont think theres any doubt that its NOT going to happen. But you never know I guess. And if these really were to come about, youd need at least 100 sets like just said by massive..... Do you really want the same wheels 100 other E30s have?
            Originally posted by blunt
            i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Sure why not, for the most part we all have the same general wheels.

K1's
              BBS of some variant
              Sportmaxx
              blah blah blah, most of us have 2 to 3 sets of wheels on average while others like Vlad are sick with 20 some odd sets of wheels.

I see an E30 maybe once a day and that is pushing it. So to run across someone with like wheels will be slim.

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert View Post
                Sure why not, for the most part we all have the same general wheels.

K1's
                BBS of some variant
                Sportmaxx
                blah blah blah, most of us have 2 to 3 sets of wheels on average while others like Vlad are sick with 20 some odd sets of wheels.

I see an E30 maybe once a day and that is pushing it. So to run across someone with like wheels will be slim.
                Exactly. Yeah, you see 3 dozen E30's here everyday with Kopi Alpinas, but how many of those do you see everyday while you're out and about? Maybe one, if you're lucky.

Comment

There are those odd days where you see many more E30's than usual...

I saw 5 in about a 1 hour period today...all late models too. Obviously they weren't modified, but still. After that, I see little to none for weeks. Does anyone else have these kind of days too?
                  Reminiscing...

Comment

Yes driving in DC you see a bunch at times but most at best are hoopties.

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                      There are those odd days where you see many more E30's than usual...

I saw 5 in about a 1 hour period today...all late models too. Obviously they weren't modified, but still. After that, I see little to none for weeks. Does anyone else have these kind of days too?
                      Weird...same thing happens to me. On my way home from work ill see several e30s, mainly stock...Or a couple in my area with 17-18" Chrome wheels with no drop and tinted windows so dark you cant even see wuts inside. Then the next few days I wont even see one e30 on the road. Personally I like it when I see more e30s on the road, whether stock or not.

Comment

hi, I am a ronal customer (15" Ls) and love the product, but having dealt with gary and seen several years worth of threads (for example, every year when they do their LS preorder they make a big deal out of 'this is the last year they are making these wheels' and then trot them out again) I would be sorta... wary...

plus, gary was not exactly truthful about ship dates etc (they are reputable sellers, don't get me wrong, but if you are in a rush for your wheels you should get from a private party sale or bavauto sometimes has a few in stock).

On the flip side, I hounded Mel Abrahams kinda endlessly about making the kopi wheels in 16x7 and he promised he would look into it... and earlier this year HE CAME THROUGH is getting them made. yes I reserved a set with a deposit...

I'm not sure the sales volume was what he necessarily anticipated either, but he's still going through with it...!

Mel?! how about some nice BBS knockoffs! Don't make me start hassling you again! kidding :)

but anyway, if you guys are serious, esp the dude who wants to order 20 sets, maybe we should give mel a call. I don't know if he's aware re: the upside if the VW guys get into it (or if 16" would fit on a MKII vw, haha) but I nominate Mel as the guy to, god willing, get this done.

Comment

Originally posted by Febi Guibo View Post
                          hi, I am a ronal customer (15" Ls) and love the product, but having dealt with gary and seen several years worth of threads (for example, every year when they do their LS preorder they make a big deal out of 'this is the last year they are making these wheels' and then trot them out again) I would be sorta... wary...

plus, gary was not exactly truthful about ship dates etc (they are reputable sellers, don't get me wrong, but if you are in a rush for your wheels you should get from a private party sale or bavauto sometimes has a few in stock).

On the flip side, I hounded Mel Abrahams kinda endlessly about making the kopi wheels in 16x7 and he promised he would look into it... and earlier this year HE CAME THROUGH is getting them made. yes I reserved a set with a deposit...

I'm not sure the sales volume was what he necessarily anticipated either, but he's still going through with it...!

Mel?! how about some nice BBS knockoffs! Don't make me start hassling you again! kidding :)

but anyway, if you guys are serious, esp the dude who wants to order 20 sets, maybe we should give mel a call. I don't know if he's aware re: the upside if the VW guys get into it (or if 16" would fit on a MKII vw, haha) but I nominate Mel as the guy to, god willing, get this done.
                          thanx for the info.

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

I would buy them right now, hands down.

I think we need a more formal list. Those who want wheels in 16x8/16x7.5, sign up, and state what you want, then we'll see how it goes, maybe if we get a big enough list of worthy buyers, he(gary) will consider it:

1) Dan : 16x7.5(perfect for 225's, or even 235's :))
                            2)

Also, we should post this everywhere..I bet we could get 30+ people!
                            The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Comment

update?

Comment

Originally posted by Spiff325iS View Post
                                I would buy them right now, hands down.

I think we need a more formal list. Those who want wheels in 16x8/16x7.5, sign up, and state what you want, then we'll see how it goes, maybe if we get a big enough list of worthy buyers, he(gary) will consider it:

1) Dan : 16x7.5(perfect for 225's, or even 235's :))
                                2)

Also, we should post this everywhere..I bet we could get 30+ people!
                                Dude, the 15s are 7.5" wide. The whole point is to make a bigger and wider set, they aren't going to make four different sizes... Possibly two. 16x8 and 16x9 would be good to go. BUT we all know this will NEVER happen, so I suggest going five lug and finding some ACTs.
                                -Erik
                                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                                I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Working...
                                X