GA: 740 BBS 16x8 **4x100**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lylefk View Post
    I see the info above for what needs to be done to the wheel, but what all needs to be purchased? I know there is a custom piece perhaps on the way but at this moment, what needs to be purchased to make these work up front with no poke or rubbing issues...all these terms are over my head, I read the whole post and am now confused lol...

3mm or 5mm spacer? Any downside of either? The 5mm seem to sit very flush, looks good...well, both look awesome.
    What else?

Thanks!
    3mm spacers if you want them flush and are willing to grind down the clip. 5mm is you don't want to mess around. You'll also need longer wheels bolts for the spacers. And last but not least some hubcentric rings. 57-72

Here is what i'm working on

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

On machine drawings, Inventor FTW. Not sure how quick you can draw 3d stuff on autocad, but inventor takes no time at all.

BTW looks good:up:
      -tim
      Originally posted by Jordan
      I like the stance
      -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by britishbmw View Post
        On machine drawings, Inventor FTW. Not sure how quick you can draw 3d stuff on autocad, but inventor takes no time at all.

BTW looks good:up:
        I can get inventor for free but my computer is not fast enough to run it :(
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

If you send me the dimensions I will do a proper drawing and specifications sheet in Solidworks 2k7.
          '89 335is +turbo

Comment

i want some spacers.

Comment

I'm picking up some aluminum rounds next week. With my student discount i get a foot long 28lbs 5.5" round stock for $50.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

It will be much cheaper to machine a spacer + a hubcentric, btw. You can do 2d operations on plate and 3d operations on much smaller tube...overall much less material removed.
                Last edited by Lurker27; 05-03-2009, 07:57 PM.
                '89 335is +turbo

Comment

how much do each of these wheels weigh?

Comment

I have five more stock wheels...

Comment

how much are you looking for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker27 View Post
                        It will be much cheaper to machine a spacer + a hubcentric, btw. You can do 2d operations on plate and 3d operations on much smaller tube...overall much less material removed.
                        I know. I could just buy 5mm spacers with large center bores and just make center plugs but i would prefer a one piece design.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Word. Some people are new to the cost relationships in machining so I figured I would warn you.
                          '89 335is +turbo

Comment

Its all good. I'm using the schools machine shop. I'll have to wait till after finals since everyone is working on their final projects.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

If i could score some of these at the yard it might be worth it..

Comment

Originally posted by johnwoo View Post
                                is there an update on the proposed spacers with the 57.1 end and the 72.56 other end? would like to purchase a 5mm or 8mm one
                                I was searching on this topic and thought it is better to continue a started post (even if older) than a new one. Did anyone ever go through with making the above mentioned spacers?? If not, do most just run a hub centering ring along with a 57.1 5mm spacer to make it work? What size lug nuts do you need to accompany the 5mm spacers (I imagine the stock ones wont do?)?

Thanks
                                Einige Autos dürfen nicht runter gehen... einfach weil sie so spezial sind. - Wenn man von BMW's der '70 und '80 Jahre redet.

Comment

Working...
                                X